‘I went to wake him up but he was not moving, so I [was] worried that he might be ill. I contacted our employer but when he came to check, he told me that Somchai was dead.’…..SAENG
A man who was watching a football match on his mobile phone while it was charging was “electrocuted by the handset” on Tuesday night.
The man who has been identified as Somchai Singkhorn, 40, a chef from Thailand was found dead on his mattress by his room mate after he had been electrocuted while watching TV on his charging phone with his headphones plugged in.
He was found dead the next morning after the incident laying on his mattress with a can of beer while watching TV on his phone with his headphones plugged in, with burn marks on his arm and neck..
His room mate, Saeng, 28, found Somchai’s phone plugged and his earphones were resting across his arm, face, and neck. He initially thought he was sick when he tried waking him up severally but he didn’t move. Saeng then called his boss to inform him about the situation until he later discovered that Somchai was actually dead.
Saeng said: ‘I went to wake him up but he was not moving, so I [was] worried that he might be ill. I contacted our employer but when he came to check, he told me that Somchai was dead.’