https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

JUST IN: 15 Soldiers Killed, 19 Wounded As Boko Haram Raids Another Military Base In Borno

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
May 5, 2019
in Crime
0

RelatedPosts

EFCC Arraigns Ifeanyichukwu Ogbu, CEO Ski Hi-Entertainment For Alleged N16.8m Fraud

BREAKING: Watch Moment Kidnapped 46 Oyo Schoolchildren and Teachers In Orire Regained Freedom After 55 Days In Bandits Den [VIRAL VIDEO]

Fresh Security Concern As Bello Turji’s Fighters Undergoing Weapons And Military Training In Sokoto

No fewer than 15 Nigerian soldiers have been reportedly killed by suspected Boko Haram terrorists in an attack on a military base in Borno state, security sources said on Saturday, May 4.

Premium Times reports that the insurgents rode into Magumeri local government area at about 6pm on Friday, May 3, and sacked a brigade there.

Among the 15 soldiers who lost their lives during the attack were a captain and a lieutenant.

The identity of the officers has been withheld to allow Nigerian Army enough time to notify their loved ones.

Nineteen soldiers were wounded in the attack and have been evacuated to the military hospital in Maiduguri for treatment.

About 24 soldiers who survived the attack have left the base to a safer military facility, sources said. According to report, the insurgents stole heavy military equipment, including anti-aircraft machine guns and Toyota Hilux vehicles during the attack.

The level of casualties against the terrorists is yet unknown.

However, the Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) had already claimed credits for the attack via its propaganda channels.

The Nigerian Army is yet to issue a statement about the attack.

This is coming less than two weeks after members of the terrorist group reportedly invaded a base occupied by Nigerian soldiers in Mararrabar Kimba, some kilometres from Maiduguri, capital of Borno state.

No fewer than five soldiers were killed in the attack which happened on April 26, while some are said to still be missing after they retracted during the gun duel.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

Eden Hazard To Say Goodbye To Chelsea Fans Today

Next Post

Gov. Okorocha Lied On Inauguration Of Joint Transition Committee In Imo – Emeka Ihedioha

Related Posts

Crime

#CyberCrime: ‘Stop Yahoo Yahoo’ – EFCC Boss, Magu Warns Nigerian Student

by Tgmedia
May 17, 2019
0

The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu has warned Nigerian students against cyber crimes,...

Read more
Gafaru Buraimoh

Like Bolanle Raheem, Police Release Photo Of Officer Who Allegedly Shot Dead Gafaru Buraimoh

January 1, 2023
BREAKING: EX-Attorney-General, Abubakar Malami Granted N200m Bail [DETAILS]

BREAKING: EX-Attorney-General, Abubakar Malami Granted N200m Bail [DETAILS]

February 27, 2026
Next Post

Gov. Okorocha Lied On Inauguration Of Joint Transition Committee In Imo – Emeka Ihedioha

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d