https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

2019 GENERAL ELECTIONS: INEC to Protect Smart Card Readers’ and PVC from cloning

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
July 2, 2018
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

Civil Society Organisations Threaten Sustained Civic Actions Unless Fresh Niger South APC Senatorial Primary Holds

Ogbuku Reaffirms Commitment to Reforms in NDDC

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

ABUJA: Ahead of 2019 general elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is taking tough measures to protect Smart Card Readers and Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) from unauthorized and malicious access.

INEC would therefore next week commence systematic hardware and software upgrade of all its Smart Card Readers nationwide.

INEC’s Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Mr. Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, said in statement on Sunday in Abuja the electoral body had received reports of attempts to clone its Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) and sell them online.

“We wish to assure the public that the Commission had anticipated these and proactively taken measures to preserve and further secure our electoral materials.

“Several security features and secret source codes are contained in the Smart Card Readers which enable them to read only PVCs duly issued by the Commission.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Osaze-Uzzi noted that the advertisement showed photographs of blank cards which have not been personalised and which did not contain any details.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Notwithstanding, the Commission wishes to state that it is taking these reports more seriously.

“INEC will engage the government and security agencies as well as the promoters of the platform in order to get to the root of it and take all necessary action to take down the advertisement forthwith.

“In addition to the existing features, the Commission is already working to further secure the PVCs and the Smart Card Readers and will continue to protect them from unauthorized and malicious access.

“It is for this reason that, beginning from next week, we are commencing the systematic hardware and software upgrade of all the Smart Card Readers nationwide.”

Osaze-Uzzi said that this enhancement had already been successfully done in Ekiti and Osun, preparatory to the upcoming governorship elections in both states.

“We wish to reassure the public that our systems are robust even as we continue to fortify them ahead of the 2019 general elections.” (NAN)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

CBN: Banks get order to officially report cyber incidents

Next Post

BREAKING: Federal High Court Grants Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Bail

Related Posts

Nigeria Vs Libya
News

#NGALBY: Watch Super Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Libya AFCON 2025 Qualifiers Live Stream Match Here

by Tgmedia
October 11, 2024
0

#NGALBY: Nigeria Vs Libya AFCON 2025 Qualifiers Live Stream Match Here has emerged.   The Genius Media Nigeria reports that...

Read more

BREAKING: Gbenga Daniel Quits PDP [REASONS]

March 16, 2019
Controversy Mohbad Group Chat

Angela Okorie Breaks Silence Over involvement In Controversy Mohbad Group Chat

August 5, 2025
Next Post

BREAKING: Federal High Court Grants Former NSA, Sambo Dasuki Bail

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d