https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, May 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Amid Win Against #Argentina, Saudi Arabia ExecuteS 17 People

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
November 23, 2022
in Breaking, International, Sports, Trending News
0
Saudi Arabia

BREAKING: Amid Win Against #Argentina, Saudi Arabia ExecuteS 17 People

ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

HERO!!! Manchester City Rename Etihad Stand After Pep Guardiola

BREAKING: After 10-Years At Etihad, Pep Guardiola Steps Down As Man City Manager

BREAKING: Amid Win Against #Argentina, Saudi Arabia ExecuteS 17 People—-Saudi Arabia has been accused of using the World Cup as a distraction after it beheaded 17 people over the last 12 days, a UN official said Tuesday, despite the country’s leaders pledging not to use the death penalty.

UN human rights office spokesperson Elizabeth Throssell called the capital punishment ‘deeply regrettable’ at a press briefing in Geneva, reported the Independent.

The spate of executions were punishments for drugs offences, though the country implemented a moratorium on the use of the death penalty for non-violent crimes in 2021.

Most executions in Saudi Arabia are carried out by beheading. The total of 144 beheadings for 2022 has already beat the total number for the last two years combined.

Meanwhile, the Saudi leader, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, attended Sunday’s World Cup opening ceremony, sitting next to Fifa boss Gianni Infantino.

Human Rights charity Reprieve highlighted the case of a taxi driver facing imminent execution in a Saudi prison, whose sister last year asked former England star Alan Shearer for help.

Zeinab Abo al-Kheir wrote to the TV pundit after he said he wanted to ‘listen to the evidence about human rights abuses’ in the desert kingdom following the Saudi takeover of his former club, Newcastle United.

The Islamic country halted executions for two years during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Her brother, father-of-eight Hussein, was sentenced to death after amphetamine pills were found hidden in his fuel tank at a border checkpoint.

But campaigners claim he confessed under torture and the drugs had been planted in his car while the vehicle was parked outside his home in Jordan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reprieve Director Maya Foa accused Saudi Arabia of carrying out the beheadings while the world’s attention was focused on the World Cup in Doha.

‘While Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) was putting himself centre stage at the World Cup opening ceremony, seated next to Fifa supremo Gianni Infantino, taxi driver Hussein Abo al-Kheir was cowering in a cell, terrified that the executioner will take him next.

‘While all eyes are on the football, Saudi Arabia is carrying out a horrifying execution spree, killing people like Hussein, an innocent man who was tortured by Saudi police to ‘confess’.

‘Qatar has rightly been criticised for its human rights record but its abuses pale in comparison to the Gulf megastate next door.

‘Saudi Arabia executed more people than ever before in the first six months of this year, and has now begun executing drug offenders, in large numbers and in secret, as the world focuses on its neighbour.

‘The Kingdom’s international partners must act now, to save Hussein and stop the bloodshed.’

If carried out, Hussein’s execution would be the 13th following the beheadings of three Pakistani men, four Syrians, two Jordanian and three Saudis.

This includes 81 put to death in a single day in March, many of whom were political prisoners arrested in clampdowns on demonstrations among the Shia minority in the Eastern Province.

ADVERTISEMENT

The high number of executions has taken place despite MBS pledging to ‘minimise’ capital punishment, with only those found guilty of murder or manslaughter being put to death.

Ms Foa added: ‘Mohammed bin Salman has repeatedly touted his vision of progress, committing to reducing executions and ending the death penalty for drug offences.

‘But as a bloody year of executions draws to a close, the Saudi authorities have begun executing drug offenders again, in large numbers and in secret’.

The prince has previously backtracked on other policies, such as on women’s rights.

Despite introducing looser restrictions on women in the ultra-conservative nation, including allowing them to join the military, he has also been behind the imprisonment of women’s rights activists.

 

CREDIT: DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
Tags: Amid Win Against #ArgentinaArgentinaSAUDI ARABIASaudi Arabia ExecuteS 17 People
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

BREAKING: Manchester United Terminate Cristiano #Ronaldo’s Contract Ahead Of #Portugal Vs #Ghana #FIFAWorldCup Match

Next Post

How Paul Scholes Reacted As Manchester United Sacks Cristiano #Ronaldo

Related Posts

Andy Beshear
Breaking

BREAKING: Democrat Andy Beshear Re-Elected As #Kentucky Governor [SEE RESULTS]

by Tgmedia
November 8, 2023
0

BREAKING: Democrat Andy Beshear Re-Elected As #Kentucky Governor ---According to CNN projection, Democratic incumbent Andy Beshear has won the Kentucky...

Read more
#Polaris Bank Commemorates Breast Cancer Month

JUST IN: #Polaris Bank Commemorates Breast Cancer Month

October 17, 2022
Peter Obi Sues Bayo Onanuga For ₦5 Billion

BREAKING: Peter Obi Sues Bayo Onanuga For ₦5 Billion Over Nationwide Mob Action

July 23, 2024
Next Post
Manchester United

How Paul Scholes Reacted As Manchester United Sacks Cristiano #Ronaldo

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d