BREAKING: Police Says Davido Was Target of Shooting Attack On Adeleke’s Convoy In Osogbo
The Osun State Police Command has said preliminary investigations showed that music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, was the target of the shooting incident involving Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo on Wednesday.
The incident occurred shortly after Governor Adeleke visited the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, following his collection of the Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) earlier in the day.
Davido, who is the governor’s nephew and was actively involved in the recently concluded Osun governorship election, had accompanied Adeleke to the INEC office and later to the palace. His children were also said to have been with the entourage.
The shooting caused panic around the Oja Oba area, with residents reporting sporadic gunshots for more than 15 minutes. Security personnel attached to the governor’s convoy reportedly returned fire as the situation escalated around the palace.
According to the Osun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abiodun Ojelabi, preliminary findings indicated that members of the Eye Confraternity were attempting to gain access to Davido.
Ojelabi identified one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as “Small Rugged”, as an alleged ex-convict and suspected notorious thug who reportedly attempted to approach Davido but was resisted by members of the singer’s security team.
The police spokesperson said the confrontation attracted other suspected gang members in the area, who allegedly blocked the palace entrance and temporarily obstructed the movement of Governor Adeleke’s convoy.
Ojelabi further disclosed that a 60-year-old man identified as Tajudeen Yusuf was shot during the incident. He said Yusuf was found critically injured at the Itaolokan area of Osogbo and was immediately taken to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, where doctors later pronounced him dead.
The police command said it has commenced a full-scale investigation to identify and apprehend the suspects involved in the shooting.
The Commissioner of Police (Election), Osun State Command, CP Samuel Etaifo, condemned the incident and assured residents that all available resources would be deployed to bring those responsible to justice.
The command also urged members of the public with useful information to contact the police and advised residents to remain calm.



