https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, May 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Kill 42 Killed As Gunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAs, Abduct Villagers

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 4, 2026
in Breaking, News
0
Gunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAs

BREAKING: Kill 42 Killed As Gunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAs, Abduct Villagers

ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

Foreign Scholarship: NDDC Assures On Transparency And Fairness

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

BREAKING: Kill 42 Killed As Gunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAs, Abduct Villagers

 

Barely two weeks after 230 abducted children and teachers were rescued and reunited with their families, suspected terrorists have attacked several communities in Agwarra and Borgu Local Government Areas of Niger State, killing no fewer than 42 persons and abducting an unspecified number of villagers, including children.

 

Reliable sources said the attackers had been operating in parts of Agwarra LGA for about one week without resistance before launching coordinated assaults on multiple communities.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

Speaking to journalists, a parent, Smaila Livinus, lamented the absence of security in Agwarra and Borgu LGAs, alleging that the assailants had attacked communities freely over the past week.

“They killed 37 people in Kasuwan Daji near Papiri, another five in Kaima village, and abducted many people, including children,” he said.

According to Livinus, some of the abducted children are pupils and students of St. Mary’s Private Catholic Primary and Secondary Schools, Papiri, in Agwarra LGA.

“Government and security agencies should come to our aid. There is serious crisis across the river where students were abducted. They have been coming out of the forest for over a week now, wreaking havoc in our villages,” he added.

He further disclosed that on Saturday alone, the attackers burnt a market and abducted several villagers, including children.

Confirming the attack on the Catholic mission house, the Director of Communications of the Catholic Diocese of Kontagora, Rev. Fr. Stephen Kabirat, said over 40 persons were killed during the attacks, while several others were taken into captivity.

“Our parish priest narrowly escaped abduction when the attackers stormed the mission house three days ago. They destroyed religious items, carted away two motorcycles and over ₦200,000 in cash,” he said.

“They were searching for the priest, but he managed to escape. Unfortunately, some villagers, including children, were abducted.”

Another resident, Abuka Yohanna, appealed to relevant authorities, stating that insecurity had forced many villagers to flee their homes.

“As I speak with you, some villagers whose children were previously abducted have been sleeping in the bush since their return because of renewed attacks,” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Confirming the incident, the Niger State Police Command said it received reports at about 9:00pm on Saturday that suspected bandits attacked communities in the area, killing over 30 persons and abducting an unspecified number of victims.

In a statement, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said that at about 4:30pm on Saturday, suspected bandits from the National Park forest along Kabe District invaded Kasuwan Daji, located at Demo village via Kabe.

“They killed over 30 persons, burnt the market, looted shops, and carted away food items,” the statement said.

He added that a joint security team had visited the affected communities and that efforts were ongoing to rescue the abducted victims.

“Further developments will be communicated,” the statement concluded.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
Tags: Abduct VillagersGunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAsKill 42 Killed As Gunmen Attack Agwarra And Borgu LGAs
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

Federal Government Sues Access Bank And Staff Over Alleged N825.9 Million Fraud Scheme

Next Post

BREAKING: Finally, Anthony Joshua Breaks Silence After Sina Ghami And Latif ‘Latz Died In Horror SUV Crash [PHOTOS]

Related Posts

Peter Obi
News

BREAKING: Tension As Peter Obi Escapes Plane Crash [DETAILS]

by Tgmedia
June 5, 2025
0

BREAKING: Tension As Peter Obi Escapes Plane Crash   The former Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, (LP), Peter Obi...

Read more
Aliko Dangote Broke Down In Tears While Paying Tribute To Herbert Wigwe

HeartBroken Moment Aliko Dangote Broke Down In Tears While Paying Tribute To Herbert Wigwe [VIDEO]

March 4, 2024
FirstBank Maintains Impressive Performance

FirstBank Maintains Impressive Performance, Posts N238.53bn PBT In Q1 2024

June 1, 2024
Next Post
Sina Ghami And Latif ‘Latz

BREAKING: Finally, Anthony Joshua Breaks Silence After Sina Ghami And Latif ‘Latz Died In Horror SUV Crash [PHOTOS]

Please login to join discussion
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d