https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: Again, Court gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh Deadline To Defend Terrorism Charges

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
November 5, 2025
in News
0
Court gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh Deadline

BREAKING: Again, Court gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh Deadline To Defend Terrorism Charges

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Singer Davido Rejects Tinubu’s Invitation To Aso Rock Over Elections

BREAKING: West Ham United Wan-Bissaka Signs For Aston Villa

BREAKING: Kwara Senator Saliu Mustapha Picks PDP Senatorial Ticket Hours After Resignation Of APC

BREAKING: Again, Court gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh Deadline To Defend Terrorism Charges

 

 

The Genius Media Nigeria Reports that The Federal High Court in Abuja has again given the Biafra nation agitator, Nnamdi Kanu, till November 7 to defend the terrorism charges brought against him by the federal government or waive his right to do so.

This is as Kanu stood his ground in open court on Wednesday, insisting that there were no valid terrorism charges against him and that he would offer no defense to the one filed.

Justice James Omotosho, who offered Kanu another opportunity, said he granted the fresh chance in the interest of justice, both to the defendant and to the nation.

At Wednesday’s proceedings, when Kanu was called to open his defense, he instead faulted the charges, insisting that he had nothing to defend under a repealed law.

Rather than responding to the business of the day, he spent hours addressing the court on why the charges against him could not stand.

Among other arguments, he said that the Supreme Court, in the judgment that ordered his trial, made it abundantly clear that the federal government must amend the charge because the one against him had been repealed.

He said that up till now, the charge had not been amended by the prosecution, thereby violating the order of the apex court.

Kanu persistently insisted that the refusal of the federal government to amend the charge was fatal to his trial, adding that no trial could hold under a repealed law.

“Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act has been repealed. I cannot put in defense under a repealed law. I won’t do that,” he said.

At this point, Justice Omotosho reminded him of the need to keep his gunpowder dry, but Kanu declined, maintaining that he had not seen any reason to open his defense in the instant charge.

At a point, he agreed to open his defense but said he would need to consult with his four legal consultants.

He named Nnaemeka Ejiofor, Aloy Ejimakor, Maxwell Okpara, and Mandela Umegborogu as his four legal consultants.

Based on this, the judge repeated his plea to Kanu to consult with legal practitioners conversant with criminal laws to aid his defense.

Earlier, counsel to the federal government, Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), had requested the judge to stand on the order of the court that Kanu should open his defense or waive his right to do so.

Justice Omotosho, however, said that he was inclined to bend backward again to give Kanu another opportunity to have a rethink, to open his defense or forget it.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: Court gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh DeadlineCourt gives Nnamdi Kanu Fresh Deadline To Defend Terrorism Charges
Previous Post

BREAKING: German Hails Nigeria’s War On Terrorism

Next Post

BREAKING: Amid Trump Threat, Nigeria Says “We Are Ready To Work With US In Wiping Out Terrorists

Related Posts

News

American Rapper, Cardi B Files For Divorce From Offset

by Tgmedia
September 15, 2020
0

American Rapper, Cardi B Files For Divorce From Offset---American rapper, television personality and actress, Popular rapper CardiB has filed for...

Read more

See The Reason Why Police Invaded Dino Melaye’s House

December 28, 2018

2018 BUDGET : FG budgets N7.3bn for Presidential Aircraft

November 21, 2017
Next Post
We Are Ready To Work With US In Wiping Out Terrorists

BREAKING: Amid Trump Threat, Nigeria Says "We Are Ready To Work With US In Wiping Out Terrorists

Please login to join discussion
ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d