https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

Ex-Defence General Lucky Irabor To FG: Declare State Of Emergency On Boko Haram

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
October 4, 2025
in News
0
State Of Emergency On Boko Haram

Ex-Defence General Lucky Irabor To FG: Declare State Of Emergency On Boko Haram

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery’s Free Fuel Delivery Expands To Kano And Nearly 12 More States [FULL LIST]

BREAKING: Real Cause Of Ogogo’s Death Revealed

BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Is Dead [VIDEO]

Ex-Defence General Lucky Irabor To FG: Declare State Of Emergency On Boko Haram

 

A former Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor (retd.), has said that the Boko Haram insurgency has dragged on for more than a decade because of the sect’s guerrilla warfare, extremist ideology and weak political responses.

 

TGM gathered that Irabor, in excerpts from his new book, Scars: Nigeria’s Journey and the Boko Haram Conundrum, also accused some politicians of making reckless statements that indirectly embolden insurgents while undermining the unity of the country.

 

According to him, Boko Haram’s resilience stems from its ideology, which promises “eternal reward” for fighters, making the group difficult to defeat.

 

Irabor said, “The war against Boko Haram has lasted over a decade, and the main reason the group persists is due to the guerrilla tactics it employs and the ideology that motivates it, which suggests there is eternal reward to be gained from fighting.”

He noted that the sect sustains itself by taxing farming and fishing communities and by leveraging external financial and technical support.

 

More critically, he warned that tacit support from some local populations and irresponsible political rhetoric serve as incentives for the group’s operations.

 

The retired General faulted politicians and influential Nigerians who, in his words, “inadvertently or otherwise eulogise Boko Haram activities” just to criticise government policies.

 

“Such behaviour is a disservice to the cause of peace and unity of the country,” he wrote, stressing that partisan politics had weakened the collective fight against insurgency.

 

Irabor further argued that Nigeria’s response to the insurgency had been crippled by the lack of political will.

 

He called on the Federal Government to proclaim a state of emergency, backed by the National Assembly, to consolidate all elements of national power in the war against Boko Haram.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: General Lucky IraborState Of Emergency On Boko Haram
Previous Post

How Policy Missteps Weigh Down Nigeria’s Fragile Banking Giants

Next Post

BREAKING: After Onome Ebi, Another Super Falcons Star Announces Retirement

Related Posts

News

Tobi Amusan : I wanted Commonwealth Games record but got the gold

by Tgmedia
April 17, 2018
0

Nigeria’s 100m hurdles sensation, Tobi Amusan in the estimation of book makers, was not in the frame to win the...

Read more
Ajuri Ngelale Dismisses Bayo Onanuga’s Statement On President Tinubu's One Year Anniversary’s Speech

#TinubuOneYearOfFailure: Confusion As Ajuri Ngelale Dismisses Bayo Onanuga’s Statement On President Tinubu’s One Year Anniversary’s Speech

May 29, 2024

“You Will Soon Be On A #WheelChair” – #KemoOlunloyo Tells #Davido

June 3, 2020
Next Post
Super Falcons

BREAKING: After Onome Ebi, Another Super Falcons Star Announces Retirement

Please login to join discussion
ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d