https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

JUST IN: INEC Breaks Silence On Destroying Over Six Million Uncollected PVCs

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 5, 2025
in News, Politics
0
Six Million Uncollected PVCs

JUST IN: INEC Breaks Silence On Destroying Over Six Million Uncollected PVCs

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery’s Free Fuel Delivery Expands To Kano And Nearly 12 More States [FULL LIST]

BREAKING: Real Cause Of Ogogo’s Death Revealed

BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Is Dead [VIDEO]

JUST IN: INEC Breaks Silence On Destroying Over Six Million Uncollected PVCs——The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has refuted a claim published in the media suggesting that it had finalized plans to dispose of more than six million uncollected Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs).

 

In a statement released on its X handle on Sunday, INEC asserted that the report was inaccurate.

The commission encouraged Nigerians to disregard the rumours, emphasizing that it has never made such a decision.

“Our attention has been drawn to a newspaper report that the Commission is contemplating the destruction of over six million uncollected Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) going back to the 2015 voter registration.

“The report is incorrect. At no time did the Commission contemplate the destruction of uncollected PVCs. The public is advised to discountenance the story,” the commission stated on its official X handle.

In anticipation of upcoming national elections, INEC has recently suggested implementing computer-generated voting slips for individuals lacking PVCs.

During a quarterly consultative meeting with Residents Electoral Commissioners (RECs) in Abuja last month, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, stated that PVCs should not be the only prerequisite for voting, particularly with the rollout of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS).

Yakubu mentioned that the commission, having published its comprehensive 524-page report on the 2023 general election, has extensively consulted with its officials and significant external stakeholders.

“The Commission also believes that with the introduction of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System BVAS, the use of the Permanent Voters’ Cards PVC as the sole means of identification for voter accreditation on Election Day should be reviewed.

“Those who already have the PVCs can still use them to vote, but going forward, computer-generated slips issued to the voter or even downloaded from the Commission’s website will suffice for voter accreditation. This will not only save cost, it will also eliminate the issues around the collection of PVCs and the diabolical practice of buying up the cards from voters in order to disenfranchise them,” Yakubu had said.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: INEC Breaks Silence On Destroying Over Six Million Uncollected PVCsSix Million Uncollected PVCs
Previous Post

BREAKING: Biafrans Hope Dashed As Simon Ekpa Remains In Custody As Finnish Govt Releases Two Accomplices

Next Post

BREAKING: Cubana Chiefpriest Dares Burna Boy Over Plans To Relocate Alleged Kenyan Babymama And Son To Nigeria

Related Posts

News

New Nigerian Army Uniform To Send Signal When Soldier Is In Danger, Says Burutai

by Tgmedia
December 24, 2018
0

The Nigerian army on Saturday said it has adopted new technologies and application of drones in the campaign against Boko...

Read more
PDP Governor Announce Edo 2024 Election Results Before INEC

BREAKING: Confusion As PDP Governor Announce Edo 2024 Election Results Before INEC [VIDEO]

September 22, 2024

Fearless Naomi Campbell Writes Open Letter To Grammy Awards Organizers After Burna Boy’s Loss at its 2020 edition

January 29, 2020
Next Post
Burna Boy Over Plans To Relocate Alleged Kenyan Babymama And Son To Nigeria

BREAKING: Cubana Chiefpriest Dares Burna Boy Over Plans To Relocate Alleged Kenyan Babymama And Son To Nigeria

Please login to join discussion
ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d