JUST IN: Chief (Mrs) Alaba Lawson, Iyalode Of Egba Land Is Dead—-Iyalode Alaba Lawson a respectable woman in Yorubaland is dead . Till his death she was the Iyalode of Egbaland, as well as the Iyalode of Egbaland.
According to the reports,she died early hour of today,28th of October,2023.
She was 72 years of Age
The family of the deceased said the burial arrangements will be announced later to the general public.
Alaba began her teaching career in 1969 and later moved to Prince’s Gate, England’s St. Nicholas Montessori Teachers’ Training College in 1973 for additional study, where she earned a 1st Class Diploma in Education with honors. the first African student to receive this rating from the school. She worked as a teacher in a number of renowned nurseries while she was living in England, including Mill Hill Nursery and Junior School and the renowned Queen’s Gate Montessori Nursery School. After returning to Nigeria, ALABA taught for just one year before founding her own school, LAWSON’S CHILDCARE NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL, with just three students. Since that time, she has not turned around. The little mustard seed has grown into the LAWSON’S GROUP OF SCHOOLS consisting of:
- Lawson’s International Private School – 1977
- Lawson’s Continuing Education Centre -1992
- Alaba Lawson Royal College Abeokuta – 1995. (A Secondary School)
- Alaba Lawson School of Advanced Studies – 2003.
Iyalode Alaba Oluwaseun Lawson has made equally impressive contributions in the field of commerce and industry. She founded Capricorn Stores Ltd., a trading and distribution business, which existed from 1968 to 1996. She successfully ran the company while juggling the management of the Lawson Group of Schools.
Iyalode Alaba Lawson is a significant distributor in Abeokuta and other cities in the South West of Nigeria. She had chains of distributing outlets with Nigerian Breweries Ltd., Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd., Guinness Nigeria Ltd., West African Portland Cement Ltd., etc..
She was elected president of the Abeokuta Chambers of Commerce in 1995, and it was during her leadership that the Ogun State government granted her permission to use the “COMMERCE HOUSE” as the secretariat for the ABEOKUT A CHAMBER of COMMERCE (ABEOCCIMA). She made sure that Ogun State’s private sector united to speak out in support of business development. In 2000, she was elected president of the Ogun Council of Chambers of Commerce, a position she held until 2002.
Governor, Ogun State and NACCIMA Executive who asserted as follows-: “Iyalode is an embodiment of industry, unalloyed loyalty to a just cause, transparently honest on issues, no double speak, a philanthropist of no mean order, a committed Egba Woman, an unrepentant custodian of Yoruba culture and above all a great mother. Her unalloyed loyalty to principle and integrity is peerless”.
As a good team player, she championed the approval of ODUA International Trade Fair. When she became the President of the Odu’a Chambers of Commerce, she secured an independent office for the chamber and resuscitated most of the moribund members.
- From 2013 till date she has been the Chairman Board of Governing Council, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. Ogun State (MAPOLY).
- She has also from 2015 till date, being the 1st Deputy National President of Nigeria, Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture (NACCIMA).
- From 2012 to 2015, she was President, Odu’s Chambers of Commerce
- between 2000 and 2002, she was President, Ogun Council of Chambers of Commerce
- between 1995 and 2000, she was President Abeokuta Chambers of Commerce
- since 2005 till date, she has been Chairperson NACCIMA Business Woman Group (NAWORG).
- Since 2010 till date. She has been President, Federation of ECOWAS Business Women Entrepreneur. ECOWAS FEBWE.
- Since 2010 till date, she has been a Member, Institute of Directors (IOD). Since 2008 till date, she has been a Member Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LCCI).
- Since 2011 till date, she has been a Council Member Nigeria British Chambers of Commerce (NBCC).
- She has just established a Microfinance Bank known as ABESTONE MICROFINANCE BANK to boost SMES. She is the Chairman of the bank.