Connect with us

Breaking

BREAKING: Like Erik Ten Hag, Portugal Manager Slams #Ronaldo After Being Substituted Against South Korea

Published

on

#Ronaldo

BREAKING: Like Erik Ten Hag, #Portugal Manager Slams #Ronaldo After Being Substituted Against South Korea—–PORTUGAL manager Fernando Santos has slammed Cristiano Ronaldo for his sulky reaction to being substituted against South Korea.

The Portuguese booked their place in the last-16 of the World Cup with a game to spare.

But they fell to a 2-1 loss in their final group game, which saw Ronaldo assist South Korea’s equaliser by turning his back while defending a corner.

Ronaldo didn’t cover himself in glory in his 65-minute cameo and was hooked for Andre Silva.

The 37-year-old reacted angrily to the substitution, putting an index finger to his lips as he left the field.

And his sulking has left Portugal boss Santos unimpressed.

Ahead of Portugal’s round of 16 clash with Switzerland on Tuesday, Santos said: “Have I seen the images?

“Yes, I didn’t like it, not at all. I didn’t like it. I really didn’t like it.

“But from that moment onwards everything is finished regarding that issue.

“These matters are resolved behind closed doors. It’s resolved.

“Full stop on this matter and now everyone is focused on tomorrow’s match.”

Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo hasn’t had the best of World Cup campaigns.

He has just one goal at the tournament, with the goal coming from the penalty spot in the 3-2 win over Ghana.

Ronaldo is also yet to score a knockout goal, and has been surpassed by rival Lionel Messi and 23-year-old Kylian Mbappe with World Cup finals goals.

And boss Santos has refused to guarantee that Ronaldo will start against the Swiss.

He added: “I only decide who is going to be captain when I reach the stadium.

“I still don’t know what the lineup will be.

“That’s what I’ve always done and that’s what I’m always going to do and it’s going to be the same tomorrow.

“The other topic is solved. We have fixed that in-house and that’s it.”

Ronaldo’s next club is yet to be decided after Manchester United ripped up his contract following his bombshell sit-down interview with SunSport columnist and TalkTV main man Piers Morgan.

It is said he will move to the Middle East to play for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia.

Marca reported last week that Ronaldo had agreed a stunning £173million-a-year deal with Al-Nassr.

Santos says there has been no talk on Ronaldo’s future while he is in the Portugal camp.

The Euro 2016-winning manager said: “That is his decision – that’s what he has to deal with.

“We are totally focused on the World Cup. That’s all that we spoke about.”

 

Advertisement
%d bloggers like this: