https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice Over #TwitterBan

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
June 15, 2021
in Business
0

RelatedPosts

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th International Trade Seminar On Unlocking Nigeria’s Non-Oil Export Potential

BREAKING: Again, Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Falls

JUST IN: Dangote Cement Exports Rise 62.3% As H1 Profit Hits ₦638.5 Billion

BREAKING: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice Over #TwitterBan—-The Genius Media Nigeria reports that the ECOWAS Court of Justice has served hearing notice on the President Buhari.

In the suit filed by SERAP and 176 Nigerians on the unlawful suspension of Twitter.

The suit is fixed for 22 June 2021 for the hearing of application for interim orders, SERAP said on Twitter on Monday night.

“Having been duly served, President Buhari should immediately rescind the suspension of Twitter, pending the hearing of the application, for the sake of the integrity and sanctity of the court, the rule of law, and Nigeria’s leadership role in the ECOWAS sub-region”, SERAP added in the update on the case.

BREAKING: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice Over #TwitterBan

The case was filed last week to challenge President Muhammadu Buhari’s ban on the micro-blogging social media platform.

Nigeria’s leading human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana is representing the 177 plaintiffs.

They sued Buhari for criminalisation of Nigerians and other people using Twitter, and the escalating repression of human rights, particularly the rights to freedom of expression, access to information, and media freedom in the country.”

In the suit No ECW/CCJ/APP/23/21 filed 8 June before the ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja, SERAP and the concerned Nigerians are seeking: “An order of interim injunction restraining the Federal Government from implementing its suspension of Twitter in Nigeria.

The 177 Nigerians also seek a stay order on government from subjecting anyone including media houses, broadcast stations using Twitter in Nigeria, to harassment, intimidation, arrest and criminal prosecution, pending the hearing and determination of the substantive suit.”

In the suit , the Plaintiffs contend that “if this application is not urgently granted, the Federal Government will continue to arbitrarily suspend Twitter and threaten to impose criminal and other sanctions on Nigerians, telecommunication companies, media houses, broadcast stations and other people using Twitter in Nigeria, the perpetual order sought in this suit might be rendered nugatory.”

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: ECOWAS Court Serves Buhari Hearing Notice Over #TwitterBan
Previous Post

REPORT!!! Mark Zuckerberg Is 7 Times Richer Than Africa’s Richest Aliko Dangote

Next Post

FG Says Twitter’s Jack Dorsey Is Liable For #EndSARS Losses

Related Posts

Banking

BREAKING: UBA Recruits 4000 New Staff, Promotes Over 5,000 Staff members as Salaries Increase Up to 170%

by Tgmedia
January 4, 2020
0

Over 5,000 staff of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, started the new year with a lot of cheer...

Read more
Old Naira Notes

Old Naira Notes Deadline: Zenith Bank Announce Saturday And Sunday As Working Days

January 27, 2023

WISE SAVERS PROMO: UBA Rewards 20 More Customers In Final Draw As 80 Customers Win N120million

October 10, 2019
Next Post

FG Says Twitter's Jack Dorsey Is Liable For #EndSARS Losses

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d