https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Fears As Another Chinese Undergoes Coronavirus Test In Lagos

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
February 26, 2020
in Breaking, Health
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

BREAKING: After 10-Years At Etihad, Pep Guardiola Steps Down As Man City Manager

BREAKING: Thomas Tuchel Trends As Cole Palmer And Harry Maguire OUT OF England’s 2026 World Cup [FULL LIST]

Ten days after some Chinese nationals tested negative to coronavirus in Nigeria, another national of China has undergone test for the disease.

According to Olutunde Lalude, group medical director of Reddington Hospital Group, a Chinese national who arrived in Nigeria seven weeks ago underwent test for coronavirus in Lagos on Wednesday.

Lalude said the man presented himself at the hospital while complaining of fever, one of the symptoms of coronavirus.

He said as a precautionary measure, the man was isolated while health authorities in the state were alerted.

The doctor said the patient was subsequently transferred to the Infectious Diseases Hospital in the state ahead of the results of the tests, which he said would be available on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

He also dismissed the rumour that a coronavirus victim was admitted in the hospital, saying “the risk is thought to be low and so far patient has not been diagnosed with the disease”.

“It has come to the attention of the management of the Reddington hospital that rumours are circulating on social media of a case of coronavirus (COVID-19) at the Reddington hospital Ikeja. We would like to assure the public that there has been NO confirmed case of coronavirus at ANY of the branches of the Reddington hospital as at today 26 February 2020,” Lalude said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

“In the early hours of Wednesday 26 February 2020, a Chinese national presented to Reddington Hospital, Ikeja complaining of fever. Following standard protocol it was ascertained that he had arrived in Nigeria from China seven weeks ago and had not been in contact with anyone else who might have coronavirus. As a precautionary measure, staff immediately isolated him in accordance with the hospital’s standard operating procedure for potential coronavirus patients.

“The state public health authorities were promptly informed and involved. Despite the risk being assessed to be relatively low according to the currently available science regarding incubation period, blood samples were taken using full prescribed precautions and sent to the Lagos State authorised virology laboratory for analysis and diagnosis. The results of the tests will be available tomorrow. The patient has been transferred to the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Lagos while the results of the tests are awaited.

“The Reddington team acted in a highly professional manner and in absolute compliance with international standards. We thank all staff for their diligence and professionalism in dealing with this case.”

More to follow…

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

Moment Governor Duoye Diri Leads Worship And Prayer After Supreme Court Ruling [VIDEO]

Next Post

#UCL: Jesus, De Bruyne Rescues Manchester City To Defeat Madrid At Bernabeu

Related Posts

Mohbad’s Father
Breaking

BREAKING: #Davido Gives Mohbad’s Father N2 Million [DETAILS]

by Tgmedia
September 14, 2023
0

BREAKING: #Davido Gives Mohbad’s Father N2 Million ---The Genius Media Nigeria reports that popular musician, David Adeleke pka Davido has...

Read more
Thomas Partey

BREAKING: Arsenal Coach, Mikel Arteta Speaks On Selling Thomas Partey

May 24, 2023
CAN Chairman Kidnapped In Kaduna

BREAKING: CAN Chairman Kidnapped In Kaduna [PHOTO]

July 16, 2022
Next Post

#UCL: Jesus, De Bruyne Rescues Manchester City To Defeat Madrid At Bernabeu

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d