https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: Senator Akpabio Dissociates Self From Rerun In Essien Udim – #AkwaIbomDecides

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 25, 2020
in News, Politics
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: José Mourinho Led Real Madrid Edge Espanyol In La Liga Thriller

BREAKING: 38 Year Old Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead In South Africa

BREAKING: Super Eagles And Hull City Striker, Semi Ajayi Sinks Manchester United As Premier League Returns

Niger Delta Affairs Minister, Senator Godswill Akpabio has dissociated himself from any happenings at the rerun election in Essien Udim local government area.

Akpabio said his decision and that of his party, the All Progressives Congress(APC) to stay away from the supplementary election was sacrosanct, and therefore should not be linked to the exercise in any way.

The minister was responding to insinuations in the social media linking him to pockets of violence and irregularities at the rerun in his area.

A statement issued to journalists by his Chief Press Secretary, Anietie Ekong, said, “The news flying about linking Senator Godswill Akpabio to any rerun election in Essien Udim Local Government Area is fake.

“It is well known that because of higher national responsibilities as Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Akpabio had withdrawn his candidature from the said election. He was replaced by the APC with Obongemem Ekperikpe Ekpo.

“The other candidates who were scheduled for the elections, Rt Hon Nse Ntuen and Rt. Hon Emmanuel Akpan have written to announce their withdrawal from the elections.

“And just yesterday, the State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Hon Ini Okopido at a widely publicized press conference announced that the APC will not participate in the rerun elections.

“So on what basis would any sane human being link Senator Akpabio to whatever is happening in Essien Udim Local Government Area.

“As I write Senator Akpabio is not even in Essien Udim. He’s in Uyo. He has no interest whatsoever in what is going on there and had advised his supporters to heed the call of the State APC and boycott the elections”, he said.

Ekong in the statement said reliable information indicates that there is a plot by the PDP to use it’s thugs to cause mayhem and link it to Akpabio, who is not even at Essien Udim.

“We have however gathered that PDP some sponsored thugs were planning to carry out a sinister plot during the rerun elections and link it to Senator Akpabio. Security agencies should be on the watch out for miscreants and sponsored thugs, apprehend them and visit the full weight of the law on them.

“We urge the general public to ignore infantile propaganda linking Senator Akpabio to anything that is going on in Essien Udim LGA in the name of rerun elections”, he maintained.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

Pinnick Reveals NFF Plans For Rohr, Super Eagles Ahead Of World Cup Qualifiers

Next Post

ACOUSTIC VERSION: Reekado Banks Drops ‘Rora’ [VIDEO]

Related Posts

News

OFFA ROBBERY: Police Release Photos Showing Faces Of Robbers Who Murdered Many People In Kwara, Declares Them Wanted

by Tgmedia
May 5, 2018
0

Faces of the dreaded armed robbers who wrecked havoc in Offa last month killing many and carting away millions have...

Read more
Mohbad’s 28th Posthumous Birthday

Netizens Mark Mohbad’s 28th Posthumous Birthday

January 3, 2024
Vini Jr wins FIFA Man of the Match

BREAKING: Vini Jr wins FIFA Man of the Match Award for Brazil Vs Morocco [PHOTO]

June 14, 2026
Next Post

ACOUSTIC VERSION: Reekado Banks Drops ‘Rora’ [VIDEO]

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d