The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution and is currently the largest public university in West Africa in terms of spread and number of actively registered students. It is a recognized university in the Nigeria University System.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
1.) Assistant Librarian
2.) Librarian II
3.) Librarian I
4.) Senior Laboratory Technologist
5.) Laboratory Technologist I
6.) Laboratory Technologist II
7.) Professor (Computer Science)
8.) Professor (Environmental Science)
9.) Professor (Mathematics)
10.) Professor (Pure & Applied Sciences)
11.) Professor (Nursing Science)
12.) Professor (Public Health)
13.) Professor (Environmental Health Science)
14.) Professor (Business & Public Administration)
15.) Professor (Cooperative Management)
16.) Professor (Entrepreneurship)
17.) Professor (Accounting)
18.) Professor (Banking and Finance)
19.) Professor (Economics)
20.) Professor (Criminology & Security Studies)
21.) Professor (International Relations)
22.) Professor (Peace & Conflict Resolution)
23.) Professor (Political Science)
24.) Associate Professor (Environmental Science)
25.) Professor (Tourism)
26.) Associate Professor (Mathematics)
27.) Associate Professor (Crop and Soil Science)
28.) Associate Professor (Pure & Applied Sciences)
29.) Assistant Lecturer (Accounting)
30.) Assistant Lecturer (Banking and Finance)
31.) Assistant Lecturer (Tourism)
32.) Associate Professor (Environmental Health Science)
33.) Associate Professor (Public Health)
34.) Senior Lecturer (Computer Science)
35.) Associate Professor (Business & Public Administration)
36.) Senior Lecturer (Environmental Science)
37.) Associate Professor (Cooperative Management)
38.) Senior Lecturer (Mathematics)
39.) Associate Professor (Entrepreneurship)
40.) Senior Lecturer (Pure & Applied Sciences)
41.) Associate Professor (Accounting)
42.) Associate Professor (Banking and Finance)
43.) Lecturer I (Environmental Science)
44.) Senior Lecturer (Animal Science & Fisheries)
45.) Associate Professor (Economics)
46.) Associate Professor (Criminology & Security Studies)
47.) Lecturer I (Mathematics)
48.) Associate Professor (International Relations)
49.) Lecturer II (Computer Science)
50.) Senior Lecturer (Agric. Economics and Extension)
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2019.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should possess a minimum of B.SC/B.TECH/HND certificate with evidence of completion of NYSC
Additional Information on Requirements:
- NOUN will not appoint and promote at the same time, and will place candidates at a salary scale appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
- NOUN will not entertain any petition for upgrade of salary or adjustment in rank once a candidate has been appointed and acceptance letter submitted.
- All appointed staff are required to be physically and actively resident in the respective department either in Lagos, Kaduna or Abuja. NOUN does not have and will not provide staff housing.
- Further, all applicants are expected to be fully computer literate and comprehensively familiar with internet and online technologies of instruction, particularly as it pertains to Open and Distance Learning.
- Candidates who have reached retirement age or were retired from another service need not apply.
- In compliance with Federal Character Commission regulations, NOUN will consider employing applicants from the six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria and reserves the right to ensure this balance in its shortlisting of potential employees.
The salary and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in the Nigeria University System. Candidates will be offered position commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) word processed copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in Capital
- Functional Email and phone contacts
- Post desired and Department
- Date of Birth, Town and State of Origin, Geopolitical Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No.)
- Marital Status
- Names, Number and Ages of Children Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualification with dates
- Work Experience from Date & Status of First Appointment
- Present Employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details i.e Books, Journals, Contributions to Books, Papers presented at National /International Conferences. NOUN will not accept letters from editors indicating acceptance for as yet unpublished works. (If Applicable)
- Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information
- Reports from three (3) referees should be independently sent to the Registrar, two (2) of the referees must be authorities in the candidates area of specialisation. Candidates whose Referees did not submit their report directly to the Registrar on or before 15th March, 2019 will not be shortlisted for the interview.
All Applications should be sent and addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN),
91, Cadastral Zone, University Village,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way,
Jabi, Abuja, Nigeria.
- The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.