Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
Reporting To: Marketing Manager
- To develop and execute effective strategies and activity programmes which deliver annual category and brand targets (volume, market share, brand awareness, brand equity, etc.), on budget and on time.
Category strategy & plans:
- Develop the F&E category strategy within the overall portfolio strategy.
- Develop, gain approval for and execute annual activity plans across the marketing mix for each brand in the F&E category.
- Ensure that sampling programmes are in line with the category strategy and supervise their planning & activation.
- Ensure core/major activities are evaluated and learnings captured for future brand planning.
- Use consumer insight to develop strategies from which the Company can grow its F&E business.
- Ensure the availability of relevant market information.
- Monitor and report on brand performance/health in the F&E category, using agreed attributes and format.
- Support the General Manager – Marketing in determining optimum pricing strategy for F&E brands.
- Track competitor activities in F&E and related sectors and recommend response strategies to protect and enhance the position of F&E brands.
- Evaluate market information to report on the performance of F&E brands.
- Allocate marketing expenditure across brands and activities within the F&E category.
- Manage the category marketing budget to ensure execution of agreed programmes and implement corrective actions where required.
- Lead the preparation of annual integrated marketing plans for F&E brands, to deliver business targets and agreed goals for all areas of the marketing mix for each brand.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of F&E category strategies and plans.
- Lead and develop the capabilities of the F&E brands team.
- Carries out any assigned food safety jobs by the head of department
- Carries out any other assigned food jobs by supervisor
Financial scope: Responsible for:
- Optimising category volumes and marketing contribution
- Allocation of marketing spend across the F&E brands portfolio.
Min Required Experience:
- Minimum second class Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, either in Nigeria or abroad. Postgraduate qualification in Marketing would be an advantage if the first degree is not in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the Marketing function of a reputable company, preferably FMCG, with at least 2 years’ line management experience. Sales and/or Operations experience would be an advantage.
- Consumer knowledge & understanding
- Planning and execution of activities across the marketing mix
- Project management
- Managing budgets and evaluating financial impact
- People management
- Third-party supplier management
- Research tools and techniques
- Presentation skills
- Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Able to assimilate a range of information for decision-making
- Articulate – verbal and written
- Able to work with a range of different people, across different levels (interpersonal skills)
- Seeks solutions
- Creative thinking
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page open Click “Category Manager” and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.