https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

2019 ELECTIONS: INEC Removes 300,000 Names From Voter Register

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
November 5, 2018
in Politics
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

VIRAL VIDEO: Ex-Tinubu Power Minister, Adelabu Blasts APC For Allegedly Rigging Him Out Of Oyo Guber Primaries

Presidency Speaks On Tinubu Changing Nigeria’s Name And Abolish Sharia Law

BREAKING: Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary As War With Wike Get Messer

“We will conduct elections into 1, 558 constituencies in 2019 made up of one Presidential constituency, 109 senatorial districts, 360 federal constituencies, 29 governorship elections, 991 state constituencies and 68 constituencies for the FCT for the area councils, the chairmen and councillors making a total of 1, 558 constituencies.”…YAKUBU

 

The Independent National Electoral Commission says it will on Tuesday publish the voter register across the 120,000 polling units across the nation.

The INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, said this while receiving the ECOWAS Pre-election fact-finding team in Abuja on Monday.

Yakubu further urged members of the public to assist the commission in purging the register of ineligible voters such as illegal aliens and underage voters.

He said, “Between November 6 and November 12, we shall display the register of voters nationwide for claims and objections.”

The INEC boss said the commission had been purging the voter register of some irregular registrations, adding that over 300,000 had been removed as of last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yakubu added, “For the registered voters, we have been cleaning up on our own with the help of the Automatic Fingerprint Identification System. As of last week before I travelled I was told that over 300,000 names were dropped after the fingerprint system was used.

ADVERTISEMENT

“But cleaning up the register is not just the responsibility of the commission but the responsibility of every Nigerian and that is why the law says we should display the register for claims and objections which will be done between November 6 and 12 in the 120,000 polling units nationwide.

“And I will like to seize this opportunity to appeal to citizens to check when we display the register so that they can draw the attention of the commission to the prevalence of any ineligible persons so that we can further clean up the register.”

The INEC boss said the commission would not alter its election timetable, adding that the 2019 general elections were the best-planned elections.

Yakubu added, “We will conduct elections into 1, 558 constituencies in 2019 made up of one Presidential constituency, 109 senatorial districts, 360 federal constituencies, 29 governorship elections, 991 state constituencies and 68 constituencies for the FCT for the area councils, the chairmen and councillors making a total of 1, 558 constituencies.”

He said out of the 91 political parties, 88 were fielding candidates for the elections.

The INEC boss by November 9, the commission would publish the number of governorship and House of Assembly candidates.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
Tags: 2019 ELECTIONSINEC Removes 300000 Names
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

NLC STRIKE: Panic Withdrawal From ATMs In Asaba (PHOTO)

Next Post

BREAKING: Rafael Nadal Pulls Out Of 2018 ATP finals

Related Posts

News

2019 ELECTIONS: Atiku Abubakar appoints Gbenga Daniel presidential campaign DG

by Tgmedia
May 28, 2018
0

ABUJA: Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has appointed a former governor of Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel to lead his...

Read more

#NigeriaDecides: Arik Air Introduces Fly- To- Vote Promo

February 18, 2019

INEC releases Timetable for 2019 General Elections

December 9, 2017
Next Post

BREAKING: Rafael Nadal Pulls Out Of 2018 ATP finals

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d