https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

Chelsea Will Accept FA Punishment Over Mourinho Fracas – Maurizio Sarri Declares

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
October 24, 2018
in Sports
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: 38 Year Old Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead In South Africa

BREAKING: Super Eagles And Hull City Striker, Semi Ajayi Sinks Manchester United As Premier League Returns

2026/2027 EPL: DStv And GOtv Subscribers Face Activation Delays As Premier League Returns

“First of all as I said after the match, we were wrong,” said Sarri. “I was there when Marco spoke to Mr Mourinho. “He said sorry immediately and it was really very important I think that he realised he was wrong. “For the FA I don’t know, I haven’t experienced that here. “I don’t know the consequences, but we were wrong so we have to accept the consequences.” Sarri — whose side will bid to make it three wins from three games in their Europa League group campaign — said he believed people deserved a second chance. “So I think that I want to give him another opportunity,” said Sarri. “Because I know very well the man, I know very well that he was really sorry. “And he realised the mistake, everybody I think can make a mistake. “But you need to learn from the mistake. And so I think he will be able to do this.”

 

 

Chelsea will accept the punishment the Football Association (FA) sees fit to impose over assistant coach Marco Ianni’s provocative celebration after their late equaliser against Manchester United last Saturday ‘Blues’ manager Maurizio Sarri said on Wednesday.

Sarri — speaking on the eve of Chelsea’s Europa League home clash with Belarus outfit BATE Borisov — admitted Ianni’s behaviour in goading United manager Jose Mourinho had been wrong but added he would give him a second chance.

Ianni — who was charged with improper conduct by the FA following the 2-2 draw — apologised immediately as did Sarri to the Portuguese handler.

 

“First of all as I said after the match, we were wrong,” said Sarri.

“I was there when Marco spoke to Mr Mourinho.

“He said sorry immediately and it was really very important I think that he realised he was wrong.

“For the FA I don’t know, I haven’t experienced that here.

“I don’t know the consequences, but we were wrong so we have to accept the consequences.”

Sarri — whose side will bid to make it three wins from three games in their Europa League group campaign — said he believed people deserved a second chance.

“So I think that I want to give him another opportunity,” said Sarri.

“Because I know very well the man, I know very well that he was really sorry.

“And he realised the mistake, everybody I think can make a mistake.

“But you need to learn from the mistake. And so I think he will be able to do this.”

Tensions escalated in front of the Stamford Bridge tunnel after Ross Barkley’s equaliser deep into stoppage time saw Chelsea snatch a point.

Former Chelsea manager Mourinho was angered by the way Ianni celebrated in front of the United bench.

Mourinho leapt from his seat and had to be restrained by security staff as a melee ensued — although after both Sarri and Ianni apologised he said the matter was closed.

(AFP)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: Maurizio SarriMourinho Fracas
Previous Post

BREAKING: Defection Rocks As Federal Lawmakers Decamp From PDP, APC

Next Post

BREAKING: Man Climbs Billboard, Threatens To Commit Suicide Unless Buhari Resigns Within 12 Hours

Related Posts

Sports

#WBAARS: Resurgence Arsenal Trash West Bromwich To Continue EPL Winning Run

by Tgmedia
January 3, 2021
0

#WBAARS: Resurgence Arsenal Trash West Bromwich To Continue EPL Winning Run---With 3 consecutive wins, Arsenal has continued their Premier League...

Read more
Eden Hazard

BREAKING: Former #Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Joins #Arsenal From Real Madrid

April 9, 2022

CSL: Mikel Obi, Odion Ighalo, Others In Line For Pay Cuts

November 23, 2018
Next Post

BREAKING: Man Climbs Billboard, Threatens To Commit Suicide Unless Buhari Resigns Within 12 Hours

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d