https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, May 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

INEC Insists No late Submission Of Candidates’ Lists

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
October 19, 2018
in Politics
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

VIRAL VIDEO: Ex-Tinubu Power Minister, Adelabu Blasts APC For Allegedly Rigging Him Out Of Oyo Guber Primaries

Presidency Speaks On Tinubu Changing Nigeria’s Name And Abolish Sharia Law

BREAKING: Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary As War With Wike Get Messer

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will not extend the deadline for submission of list of candidates’ names by political parties for the 2019 general elections.

The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja.

Oyekanmi said that the Commission had scheduled the submission of candidates’ names for the Presidential and National Assembly between Oct. 10 and Oct. 18, and deadline for the Governorship and State Assemblies election for Nov. 2, and there is no extension.

“The Commission is following its timetable and schedule of activities for 2019 general elections. No extension of deadline for submission.”

Rotimi, who was unable to give the precise number of political parties that met the deadline as at the time of filing this report, said “over 80 political parties made it but I am still waiting for the precise number.”

NAN correspondent, who also visited the Aso Hall, International Conference Centre (ICC), Abuja, the venue of the submission after the deadline, reports that some officers of political parties, who got tallies on Wednesday night were still going through the submission process.

A staff of the Commission, who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that given of tally to political parties stopped Thursday night.

He said due to the last minutes rush by political parties, INEC staff, security officers and other personnel on duty at the venue were unable to go home.

He said that they had reached about 70 out of over 80 political parties that had so far submitted their candidates’ list.

He also confirmed that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and major opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had submitted their forms.

NAN reports that as at 4p.m., on Friday some political parties’ representatives were seen in front of the hall waiting for their turn to submit their forms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

CHELSEA VS MANU: Jose Mourinho Promises To Best Behaviour

Next Post

BUHARI: “I will continue to hold Jonathan in high esteem for peaceful handover in 2015

Related Posts

Dangote Refinery Should Be Fully Supported And Not Vilified
Breaking

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery Should Be Fully Supported And Not Vilified, Peter Obi Speaks

by Tgmedia
July 23, 2024
0

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery Should Be Fully Supported And Not Vilified, Peter Obi Speaks---The Genius Media Nigeria reports that The Presidential...

Read more
With Governor Agbu Kefas, The Set Time For Taraba State Is Now!

With Governor Agbu Kefas, The Set Time For Taraba State Is Now!

May 30, 2023

SENATE PRESIDENCY: Ali Ndume Unveils 9-Point Agenda

April 3, 2019
Next Post

BUHARI: “I will continue to hold Jonathan in high esteem for peaceful handover in 2015

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d