https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

United States Embassy Resumes Full Operations In Abuja

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
August 25, 2018
in News
0

RelatedPosts

Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room

BREAKING: After 11 Years, Ronaldinho Returns To Football At 46 With Ravenna [PHOTO]

JUST IN: Odyssey Media House CIC Launches Community Photography Project In Bradford

The embassy had on August 15 temporarily suspended its consular services in Abuja due to reasons it said were beyond its control.

 

 

Activities picked up on Friday at the U.S. Embassy Abuja as it resumed consular activities.

The embassy in its twitter handle @USEmbassyAbuja on Friday morning announced resumption of full consular services at the embassy in Abuja.

“Full consular visa and American Citizen Services (ACS) resume in Abuja today. We regret the inconvenience the temporary closure of the Abuja Consular office caused. Good to be back,” the embassy said.

Full Consular visa and American Citizen Services (ACS) resume in Abuja today. We regret the inconvenience the temporary closure of the Abuja Consular office caused. Good to be back! https://t.co/mgukCO6uEp pic.twitter.com/z4dOqHpTmR

— U.S. Mission Nigeria (@USinNigeria) August 24, 2018

The embassy had on August 15 temporarily suspended its consular services in Abuja due to reasons it said were beyond its control.

It however stated that consular functions at the U.S. Consulate Lagos were never affected and will continue as usual.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) observed that scores of applicants who had their appointments rescheduled for August 24 after the suspension of services defiled the Friday downpour to meet up with their appointments.

Many of them were sighted on a queue at the embassy waiting to be attended to by consular officials.

Few of them who spoke with NAN said that they initially had appointments between August 15 and August 23 but were informed that their appointments had been rescheduled to Aug 24.

Others also said that their appointments were fresh ones.

An applicant, a student who simply identified himself as Jones, said that his appointment was rescheduled from August 15 to August 24.

Another applicant, Busayo Adetipe, said that her appointment was a fresh one.

“I received a notification for interview from the embassy,” she said.

A source who preferred anonymity said that most of those who came to the embassy on Friday were those who had their appointments rescheduled.

“That is why you see the crowd. Ordinarily, you do not find this many people,” the source said.

NAN also observed food vendors resumed operations near the embassy.

Also drinks sellers, airtime top-up, internet services and photographers resumed operations.

Ikechukwu Valentine, a taxi operator said: “activities have picked up.

“Honestly, business was dull during the closure of operations at the embassy. But I must say that things are good again.

“Before they closed operations, I make N7,000 on the average in a day.”

A photographer, Ojo Seun, said before the suspension of consular services, he makes N10, 000 every week.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: @USEmbassyAbujaFull consular visa and American Citizen Services (ACS) resume in Abuja todayFull Operations In AbujaNigeriaResumesUnited States Embassy
Previous Post

CHELSEA NEWS UPDATE: Eden Hazard’s father, Thierry admits Real Madrid transfer ‘may never’ happen

Next Post

#BBNaija Star, Bisola’s Baby Daddy, Malcolm Olanrewaju Dies At 37

Related Posts

Special Adviser Canvasses Support For Music Competition [PHOTOS]
News

Special Adviser Canvasses Support For Music Competition [PHOTOS]

by Tgmedia
November 25, 2021
0

Special Adviser Canvasses Support For Music Competition ----As 50 live band singers compete for cash prizes, laurels, record labels, others....·Ebenezer...

Read more

PDP Member Names His New Born Twins Atiku And Wike In Rivers state

January 27, 2019
#Chioma

BREAKING: #Chioma Shares London Night Electrifying Photos With #Davido

October 10, 2022
Next Post

#BBNaija Star, Bisola’s Baby Daddy, Malcolm Olanrewaju Dies At 37

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d