https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

APC, FG wants to implicate me over National Assembly siege– Bukola Saraki

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
August 10, 2018
in Politics
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Dancing Governor Ademola Adeleke Escapes Death As Gunmen Attack Convoy In Osogbo

BREAKING: INEC Projects Over 100m Registered Voters Ahead Of 2027 Presidential Election

BREAKING: Finally, Osun APC Governorship Candidate Accepts INEC Outcome After Losing to Adeleke

Saraki said that he had information that instead of a public inquiry or judicial commission to probe the incident as demanded by the public, the Presidency had commenced a process of “manipulation and fabrication’’.

 

President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has alleged plots to implicate him in Tuesday’s blockade of the National Assembly by men of Department of State Services (DSS).

In a joint statement signed by his media aide, Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu and Mr Uche Anichukwu, aide to his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, Saraki said the plot was to also implicate other Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers, including Ekweremadu.

He said the Presidency had constituted a panel to review Police report and submit a final recommendation, adding that information available to them indicated that there were attempts to implicate them.

Saraki said that he had information that instead of a public inquiry or judicial commission to probe the incident as demanded by the public, the Presidency had commenced a process of “manipulation and fabrication’’.

He revealed that the Presidency had set up a closet panel, to work to a pre-determined conclusion in which they would claim that he and his deputy colluded with ex-DG of DSS, Lawal Daura, to stage the blockade at the assembly.

“They want to shield the fact that the previous night before the invasion and up till the early hours of Tuesday, there was a meeting of the All Progressives Congress (APC) senators.

“And, that the plan was for them to be moved in a Coaster bus into the National Assembly complex to purportedly remove us and select a new Senate President and Deputy Senate President.

“Their plot only failed because the media, particularly social media, Nigerians and international community responded very swiftly as some legislators who came into the complex were refused entry by gun-wielding and hooded security operatives.

“Now, they want to turn the facts and blame us for their botched plot against democracy.

“We are hereby alerting all Nigerians and members of the international community that the present Nigerian government will stop at nothing to destroy, suppress and incapacitate the opposition.

“This is their new tactics and plot as we approach the period of the 2019 polls.

“We hereby reiterate our earlier position that the coup against democracy as shown by last week’s invasion must be probed through an independent judicial commission of inquiry which will produce a comprehensive report.

“We reject any manipulated and fabricated investigation,” he stated.

Saraki added that his group had also uncovered a sinister plot in which the government planned to use anti-graft and security agencies to incarcerate them and some members of their families from next week.

This, he said, was all in a bid to break their will and effect their removal.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: APCBLOCKAGEBukola sarakiDepartment of State Services (DSS).FGIke Ekweremaduimplicate meLawal DauraNational AssemblyPresident of the SenateSIEGE
Previous Post

2018/2019 EPL OPENING GAME: Pogba, Shaw Pip Leicester to secure win for Manchester

Next Post

Unknown Gunmen Kill APC chieftain in Ekiti

Related Posts

Politics

#Ondo2020: Jegede Storms Abuja With Former Deputy Governor, Rep Members, Others

by Tgmedia
June 9, 2020
0

#Ondo2020........A leading contestant for the October 10, 2020 governorship election in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), on Tuesday stormed the...

Read more
Pastor Chris

BREAKING: Peter Obi Send Heartwarming Message To Pastor Chris As He Celebrates 59th Birthday

December 7, 2022
#Atiku

BREAKING: #Atiku Collapsed In Abuja, Flown Abroad For Urgent Treatment – FFK

October 18, 2022
Next Post

Unknown Gunmen Kill APC chieftain in Ekiti

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d