The 2018 World Cup is now officially concluded after France beat Croatia 4-2 in the final encounter played on Sunday at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, Russia.
It was a monthlong celebration of fun football, unexpected results, and an overall better tournament than just about anybody had been expecting.
One of the less surprising things was the good showing from Belgium’s Golden Generation, who may not have won it all, but finished third, which is their nation’s best showing ever. In addition to those bronze medals, Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois get to take individual awards home as well.
The Belgium Captain was named the second best player at the tournament, winning the Silver Ball. Croatia’s Luka Modrić collected the Golden Ball, while Antoine Griezmann finished third (Bronze Ball?).
Below are lists of players who won different individual awards at the tournament.
- Golden Ball (Best player of the tournament) – Luka Modric (Croatia)
- Silver Ball (Second best player of the tournament) – Eden Hazard (Belgium)
- Bronze Ball (Third best player of the tournament) – Antoine Griezmann (France)
- Golden Glove (Best goalkeeper) – Thibaut Courtois (Belgium)
- Golden Boot (with six goals) – Harry Kane (England)
- Best Young Player – Kylian Mbappé (France)
- Fair Play Award – Spanish National Team
Congratulations to all the winners of awards.