https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

OLAMIDE’S SCIENCE STUDENT: “Why we have not banned the Video”– Censors Boards reveals

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
February 7, 2018
in Entertainment, News
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: José Mourinho Led Real Madrid Edge Espanyol In La Liga Thriller

BREAKING: 38 Year Old Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead In South Africa

BREAKING: Super Eagles And Hull City Striker, Semi Ajayi Sinks Manchester United As Premier League Returns

LAGOS: The National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) says it has yet to ban the controversial music album dubbed Science Student because it wasn’t done to promote hard drug consumption and other crimes.

The NFVCB Director General, Alhaji Adedayo Thomas who spoke with Daily Trust Tuesday on the sideline of the Safer Internet Day 2018 in Abuja said the Science and Student was done to discourage crimes.

Alhaji Thomas said rather than looking only at the negative side of the album, Nigerians should look at the positive side and move on.

    “If you look at the short video of the track, you cannot see Olamide himself there. That is one. Two, we are in the internet age where a lot of things fly. What we need to do is to encourage our children to take only the good side of the internet and leave the bad side.

“The very week Olamide released that record, he released a press statement saying the song is a caution for people not to mix things together and take it as intoxication. So you don’t expect us to ban  it just like that when he had explained why he sang the song.

“But we are still going to engage with NBC, NDLEA and other agencies to dialogue with our artists so that whatever is coming out from them would be highly productive and has positive effects on the youths.”

Earlier in his remarks, a representative of Google at the event, Mr Babatunde Olaifa said over 90million obscene and crime related videos had been taken down from Youtube by Google in the last few years.

He said the search engine didn’t encourage obscenity and crimes, but it is advocating for safer and crime free society.

The Digital Engagement Officer of Safer Internet Nigeria, Mbanam Mku said the aim of the event was to sensitise everyone especially youths on the responsible use of technology in line with cyber security.

Safer Internet Day (SID) is a globally held event organised across the world in February each year to promote the safe and more responsible use of the internet especially among children and young people.

(DAILY TRUST)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

NNPC/Chevron restate commitment towards education in Nigeria

Next Post

Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman sues police, media houses for N1bn

Related Posts

News

“You Are My Lucky Charm” – Yobo Celebrates Daughter’s 3rd Birthday After NFF’s Appointment

by Tgmedia
February 13, 2020
0

Joseph Yobo  took to Instagram to celebrate his daughter on her 3rd birthday hours after he was confirmed as the...

Read more

Local Airfares may crash as President Buhari abolishes VAT payment

June 21, 2018
Family Roll Out Questionable Pregnancy Photo Shoot

END OF TIME!!!! Netizens React As Family Roll Out Questionable Pregnancy Photo Shoot [VIDEO]

November 20, 2022
Next Post

Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman sues police, media houses for N1bn

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d