https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

Electricity grid bounces back at 4,623MW after pipeline fire

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 16, 2018
in Energy, News
0

RelatedPosts

Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room

BREAKING: After 11 Years, Ronaldinho Returns To Football At 46 With Ravenna [PHOTO]

JUST IN: Odyssey Media House CIC Launches Community Photography Project In Bradford

The latest data on electricity generation obtained on Thursday from the NSO shows that the national grid bounced back to 4,623MW peak electricity generation on Wednesday. This was about two days after Fashola announced the restoration of gas supply to the six GenCos affected.

The peak generation as at Thursday morning stood at 4,372 which was a far improvement from the 3,600MW attained the previous week when the first pipeline fire occurred.

The latest 4,372MW peak generation was recorded earlier before NNPC announced the fresh explosion to the pipeline. However, the record of Friday generation shows that peak generation rose to 4,817MW with lowest generation at 3,776MW.

Except for the Olorunsogo NIPP which was still down around the Western region, the other five GenCos which were previously affected were operating last Friday but at low level, the record shows.

Ten days after the ELPS was burnt by bush fire and restored on Sunday, NNPC on Thursday reported that the same pipeline has been ruptured again by an explosion.

A statement by its spokesman, Ndu Ughamadu said the fresh incidence occurred along Egbokodo-Omadino, in Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.

NNPC said, its Group Managing Director, Dr. Maikanti Baru, has directed that repair works should be executed immediately on the pipeline.

The GMD further directed that gas supply from other sources like Oben, Oredo, Sapele, Ughelli and Utorogu be stepped up to augment any shortfalls as repair works have commenced on the pipeline.

The Escravos pipeline supplies gas to power plants, in addition to feeding the West Africa Gas Pipeline System (WAGPS).

The spokesperson of TCN, Mrs Ndidi Mbah said the second electricity system collapse occurred in the afternoon after the Odukpani-Ikot Ekpene 330 kilovolt (KV) line transmission line tripped off and stopped power generation from Odukpani Generation Company (GenCo) near Calabar in Cross River state.

The Daily Trust reports that the two system collapses occurred at less than 24 hours interval. Independent data obtained from the Nigeria Electricity System Operator (NSO) shows that the peak generation of electricity was at 4,710MW on Tuesday being the first day of work in 2018, before the system collapsed after the frequency rose to a high 50.75 Hertz (Hz).

Officials at the transmission section of the power sector said the national electricity grid would have withstood the Odukpani GenCo trip off if generation along Western region were available.

(daily trust)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

£96.8m Ousmane Dembele injured again

Next Post

FA CUP UPDATE: Kelechi Iheanacho Hits Leicester Brace, Makes VAR History

Related Posts

News

Customer Service Week: Customers, Staff Applaud Fatgbems Petroleum’s Initiative

by Tgmedia
October 11, 2017
0

(R-L) Chairman Fatgbems Group, Kabir Gbemisola, attending to a cuatomer, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Core Media Group, Jide Adediran and...

Read more

#BBNaija2020: Ozo Tells Biggie He is Disappointed In Himself, See Reasons

September 14, 2020

“I Got It All Wrong And Stupid” – Princess Shyngle Apologizes To Her Fiance

December 1, 2019
Next Post

FA CUP UPDATE: Kelechi Iheanacho Hits Leicester Brace, Makes VAR History

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d