https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Chibok girls readies for school in September – FG

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
July 23, 2017
in Education
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Finally, JAMB Releases 279 UTME Results Previously Withheld

WAWU!!! Meet Professor Segun Aina Who Started At JAMB As A Corper Now Registrar

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints 40-YEAR Old Professor Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Sen. Aisha Alhassan, Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, on Saturday said the rescued Chibok girls were being readied to go back to school in September and pleaded with abductors to release the remaining girls.

The minister made the disclosure during a lunch with the released Chibok girls and their parents in Abuja.

“They will be examined academically and placed appropriately, the ones that are qualified to enter into the university will be allowed to.

“The American University, Yola had indicated interest in supporting 21 of the Chibok girls.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We are also meeting with the university to support the remaining girls so that they all can be in one place,” she said.

Alhassan said that the escaped 14 Chibok girls, who were released three years ago were given scholarships by the American University of Nigeria, Yola.

She said that the girls were properly examined academically, adding that they started a foundation courses for them.

The minister, however, pleaded for the release of the remaining Chibok girls and others in captivity, adding that the abductors should dialogue with government.

Mr Reginald Briggs, the Assistant Vice President of America University, Yola, said the girls were initially traumatised but had made significant progress.

“We have 24 of the Chibok girls with us, we try to keep their academic levels up by assessing them emotionally, psychologically, academically and we found out that they are at different academic levels.

“They have foundation in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge and gradually we moved them to advanced stage.

“They are studying difference courses such as journalism, computer science, accounting and law,” he said.

Briggs said that the university was working toward supporting the 82 Chibok girls to be enrolled into the university.

The Chairman of the Chibok Girls’ Parents, Mr Yakubu Nkeki said that parents of the girls were happy meeting their children and appreciated the efforts of the government.

Mrs Catherine Udida, the Head of the Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism, Office of the National Security Adviser, said that the Chibok girls were fit psychological as they had gone through various tests.

She said that the girls were fully integrated, adding that initially they were shy but they now have confidence and ready to face the world.

One of the Chibok girls, Miss Rhoda Peter appreciated the efforts of government and well-meaning Nigerians who had supported them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Another Chibok girl, Miss Hauwa Ntakai, who said she wants to be a medical doctor, also appreciated the government for helping her to achieve her dream.

(NAN)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has accused Manchester United and Liverpool fans of calling him a “black monkey

Next Post

US set to go after Diezani Alison-Madueke

Related Posts

Education

Opinion: Such A Dangerous Time To Be A Student

by Tgmedia
June 4, 2021
0

Opinion: Such A Dangerous Time To Be A Student----Growing up in this country some years ago was full of fun...

Read more

UTME 2019: JAMB Promises To Contact Candidates When Results Are Ready

April 22, 2019

Search Continues As Nigeria Deploys Air And Ground Forces In Search Of Abducted Students – #BringBackOurBoys

December 13, 2020
Next Post

US set to go after Diezani Alison-Madueke

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d