https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, May 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

“Shutdown #bbnaijalockdown2020 Show Now” – Lai Mohammed Reportedly Tells NBC

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
July 24, 2020
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

Foreign Scholarship: NDDC Assures On Transparency And Fairness

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

Lai Mohammed, The Minister of information and culture has reportedly asked the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to Shutdown #bbnaijalockdown2020 Show.

According to TheCable, the acting director-general of the NBC, Armstrong Idachaba, told senior management members that he had been directed by Lai Mohammed to shut down the BBNaija show due to possible spread of COVID-19 among housemates.

The minister had reportedly sent a letter to NBC on July 1, 2020 before the BBNaija show began. His move to shut down the show is believed to be because of the general opinion that he is bent on sending MultiChoice Ltd, producers of the show, out of Nigeria.

Mohammed is believed to have launched political moves against MultiChoice in order to pave the way for his main consultant to make a return to Pay TV after previously failing.

However, insiders told TheCable that the NBC management was not well disposed to the move to shut down BBNaija, with some of them saying there was no basis for it.

A director is said to have reminded the meeting that NBC had already sought explanation from Multichoice on a possible violation of COVID-19 protocols with the airing of the show.

MultiChoice replied with detailed explanations on measures taken in collaboration with the Lagos state government, whose agency, Lagos State Safety Commission, gave the green light for the show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Also, MultiChoice said in the letter that housemates had been screened prior to the show and that the BBN House had been decontaminated and adapted to ensure sufficient physical distancing, in addition to eliminating the use of live audience.

"Shutdown #bbnaijalockdown2020 Show Now" - Lai Mohammed Reportedly Tells NBCAll housemates went through a mandatory two-week isolation during which COVID-19 symptoms would have manifested if they had the disease.

A second director is said to have told the meeting that participants of the show had maintained the safety protocols, notably generous use of hand sanitisers, since it started on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Idachaba, who is reportedly fighting to be confirmed as the substantive DG, was asked to request the minister for a written directive.

However, the acting DG was said to have told the meeting that he would have no other option than to carry out Mohammed’s order — the same way he altered the broadcast code to please the minister despite public outcry.

Idachaba, in his response to TheCable, simply said BBN will not be taken off air but did not provide any further information.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
Tags: LAI MOHAMMEDNBCShutdown #bbnaijalockdown2020 Show
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

BREAKING: 2020-2021 English Premiership League Begins September

Next Post

FRESH: Police, IPOB, MASSOB In Bloody Clash In Imo State

Related Posts

News

BREAKING: Three Star Liverpool Humiliates Arsenal At Emirates Stadium – #ARSLIV

by Tgmedia
April 3, 2021
0

BREAKING: Three Star Liverpool Humiliates Arsenal At Emirates Stadium - #ARSLIV---The indomitable Three Star Liverpool have registered their biggest ever...

Read more

INTERESTING!!! Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language

September 8, 2018

BREAKING: FG Considers Taxing Nigerians For Buying Airtime….Telecoms Reacts

June 17, 2021
Next Post

FRESH: Police, IPOB, MASSOB In Bloody Clash In Imo State

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d