https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

United States Citizen Dies Of #Coronavirus In Nigeria

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
March 19, 2020
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

Civil Society Organisations Threaten Sustained Civic Actions Unless Fresh Niger South APC Senatorial Primary Holds

Ogbuku Reaffirms Commitment to Reforms in NDDC

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

An American has died of Coronavirus in Ekiti, Southwest Nigeria, the Ekiti State Government disclosed on Wednesday.

Ekiti Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, said the driver, who contracted Coronavirus in the state was suspected to have been infected by the 27-year-old American Caucasian who died in the state.

The commissioner, in a statement, said the Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID-19, headed by Governor Kayode Fayemi, could confirm that “we have recorded an incidence of a Nigerian male, 38 years old, of Ekiti origin, who has tested positive to Covid-19.

“The confirmed case is suspected to have been infected while driving an American Caucasian, male, 27 years old, who was visiting Nigeria from Richmond, Virginia, USA in the company of his caregiver, a Nigerian female Age 31, of Ekiti Origin.

“The American male and his Nigerian female caregiver, arrived Nigeria on 3rd March 2020 through the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos. Preliminary investigations revealed that the pair were driven by our confirmed case to Ibadan, where they stayed for two weeks, and arrived Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State on 13th March, 2020,” she explained.

According to the commissioner, “a day after their arrival, the American male fell ill and he was taken to a private hospital where he was referred to a tertiary hospital. Unfortunately, he died from complications of his illness.

“The hospital authorities alerted the State Taskforce and samples were taken from the American male as well as his two companions. The test for the male driver came back positive; the test for the female caregiver came back negative while the test for the American male was inconclusive.”

Yaya-Kolade said in line with the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) protocols, the Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID-19 had already quarantined the confirmed case on admission in the State Isolation Centre, while the caregiver who tested negative, was presently under observation in self-isolation.

“We have commenced the process of contact tracing, working with the Federal Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) following the team’s itinerary since they landed in Nigeria on the 3rd of March 2020. We have also contacted the Oyo State Government since it was recorded that they stayed in Ibadan for two weeks before arriving Ekiti State.

“The confirmed case is very stable and not showing any symptoms while NCDC will repeat the test for the caregiver who is also in self-isolation. The Ekiti State Task Force on COVID-19 is following the NCDC Case Management Protocols with diligence. We want to urge Ekiti residents to stay calm and ensure they observe the prevention steps that are being publicized on all credible media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

“It is important to state that this likely index case was on a short visit and had not been in Ekiti State for up to 72 hours before his death. The Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID-19 advises residents to continue to take self-preventive measures by washing their hands with soap and water, covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing, observing social distancing and to alert the authorities of any suspected case by calling the 112 Emergency Number or 09062970434, 09062970435, 09062970436.

“The Government of Ekiti State will continue to update the public on new developments as necessary in our commitment to ensuring the safety and protection of all Ekiti residents,” she stated.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

Moment Slay Queen ‘F!ngers’ Herself During A WhatsApp Video Call [VIDEO]

Next Post

JUST IN: Ogun Govt Orders Closure Of Schools, Religious Centres Over #Coronavirus Outbreak

Related Posts

students Feared Abducted As Boko Haram Attack School
Breaking

BREAKING: Many students Feared Abducted As Boko Haram Attack School In Borno

by Tgmedia
May 15, 2026
0

BREAKING: Many students Feared Abducted As Boko Haram Attack School In Borno   An unspecified number of students of Mussa...

Read more
MC Oluomo

Watch As MC Oluomo Speaks On Monetising Campaign Stickers For #Tinubu [VIDEO]

September 21, 2022

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Kobe Bryant’s Wife Falls Out With Mother, See Her Next Move

September 21, 2020
Next Post

JUST IN: Ogun Govt Orders Closure Of Schools, Religious Centres Over #Coronavirus Outbreak

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d