https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, August 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

FRESH: Another 606 Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Set To Be Released

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
March 7, 2020
in News
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Singer Davido Rejects Tinubu’s Invitation To Aso Rock Over Elections

BREAKING: West Ham United Wan-Bissaka Signs For Aston Villa

BREAKING: Kwara Senator Saliu Mustapha Picks PDP Senatorial Ticket Hours After Resignation Of APC

Despite public outcry, another batch of 606 former Boko Haram fighters is set to be reunited with their families after undergoing rehabilitation under Federal Government’s Operation Safe Corridor.

Maj. Gen. Bamidele Shafa, The Coordinator of the programme, announced this at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) in Abuja at a stakeholders’ meeting.

The stakeholders converged to work out ways of transferring the rehabilitated former terrorists to their national and state government authorities for reintegration into the society.

Maj. Gen. Shafa said 25 Nigerians, which includes 14 male adults, 3 female adults and eight children who willingly laid down their arms in the Niger Republic, had been brought in February and were waiting to be reunited with their families.

He noted Operation Safe Corridor was established by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 to allow repentant Boko Haram fighters surrender, go through well structured de-radicalisation and rehabilitation process.

His words: “We are very careful in handling the clients; we do not compromise standards, as any client who exhibits any trait of disloyalty is withdrawn from the programme and transferred for further investigation and prosecution, when necessary.

“Also, the programme is open-ended; that is, when the handlers believe that a client has not been sufficiently de-radicalised, such a client is made to repeat the programme.

“Our purpose is to work out modalities for the smooth transfer of the 606 clients, presently in the camp, to their national and states’ authorities for re-integration”.

Furthermore, the Chairman of Operation Safe Corridor and Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, explained that over 1,000 high profile Boko Haram and Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) had been captured and investigated.

He said out the number, 500 had been convicted by courts of competent jurisdiction.

“Since the establishment of Operation Safe Corridor, 2,000 low-profile Boko Haram terrorists/ISWAP members have laid down their arms, out of which about 1,000 have been processed by Operation Safe Corridor.

“Also, over 250 members, including two foreign nationals, have been successfully reintegrated by their national and state governments.

“The remaining 692 clients are currently undergoing the De-radicalisation, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programme at the De-radicalization, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Camp in Gombe and Bulumkutu Rehabilitation Centre in Maiduguri.

“It is expected that more clients will be absorbed into the programme this year”, he said.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

Tough Test For Odion Ighalo As Solskjaer’s Men Tackle Guardiola’s Mancity In #EPL Derby

Next Post

HORRIFIC!!! Lady Killed, Stacked In Bag, Dumped Beside Church In Anambra [PHOTOS]

Related Posts

#Accord Party
Breaking

BREAKING: Hours To #NigeriaElections2023, #Accord Party Endorses Peter Obi – #Accreditation

by Tgmedia
February 25, 2023
0

BREAKING: Hours To #NigeriaElections2023, #Accord Party Endorses Peter Obi - #Accreditation----As Nigerians in diaspora decides who leads the affair of...

Read more
JMG and Jamara Home

JMG and Jamara Home Spread Hope This Yuletide Support Children Living with Cancer

December 18, 2025
Mauricio Pochettino

BREAKING: Mauricio Pochettino Sacked From #Chelsea?

May 10, 2024
Next Post

HORRIFIC!!! Lady Killed, Stacked In Bag, Dumped Beside Church In Anambra [PHOTOS]

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d