https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING NEWS: Islamic State Fighters ‘ISIS’ Arrive Nigeria To Kill In North Central, South South – DSS, Security Agencies Tells Presidency

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 21, 2018
in News
0

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: NIJ Alumi Elect Muyiwa Akintunde As National ExCo President

BREAKING: José Mourinho Led Real Madrid Edge Espanyol In La Liga Thriller

BREAKING: 38 Year Old Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead In South Africa

Security service organizations, including the Department of State Service (DSS), have in a report submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari said they have identified an Islamic State in West Africa network operating within some North Central and South South sections of Nigeria that is using foreign terrorists and recruiting young men fighting and killing innocent persons ostensibly to exacerbate tensions along the county’s ethnic, religious and regional fault lines.

According to a Presidency source, this discovery was was made following the arrest of several suspected attackers made up Fulani herdsmen, government-sponsored militias, militants and other miscreants in Benue State.

Among those in custody were many who spoke none of the languages native to Nigeria but the French language.

This is the first time that security officials have confirmed that the Islamic State in West Africa members are operating as a unit in Nigeria and the level of their penetration of the country.

The Sources revealed that a “good number”of the Islamic State terrorists have been arrested not only in the Benue valley but significantly in several towns in Edo State, specifically in Akoko-Edo, Okpella and Benin as well as in Okene in Kogi State”.

According to the unnamed source in the Presidency: “It is understood that the cell which has members in different parts of the country concentrates on recruiting young men to fight for the Islamic State in West Africa by unleashing the cold-blooded murder of innocent citizens.

“There was intelligence that they had planned several attacks here, before and during Christmas and the New Year. Their bombing targets included fuel depots, foreign missions and police and military establishments. Their network is very wide. But so much was achieved by the DSS which had made a significant number of arrests in the last two months that helped to preempt those attacks.

“This helped to save Nigeria from the spate of major terrorist attacks witnessed elsewhere that were syndicated by ISIS worldwide.”

The reports submitted to the Presidency also revealed that security officials now fear an influx of other ISIS members into many parts of the country.

The report said: “We are learning more and more about this complex and sophisticated network. This is the main reason why the secret service is not parading those suspects so far arrested. It has become clear to us by now, that the challenge facing this country is a serious one.”

When contacted, Presidency spokesman, Garba Shehu, confirmed that President Buhari had been receiving what he described as “report upon report on the situation in Benue and other states” and that the DSS has recorded a lot of success lately but said he had not been briefed on any of those reports.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Previous Post

BREAKING NEWS: Fulani Herdsmen Set Olu Falae’s oil palm plantation on fire In Ondo State

Next Post

Zenith /Delta Principal’s Cup: 35 Schools Battle for Eight Slots, kicks off January 23rd

Related Posts

Eid-ul-Fitr 2025
News

Sallah: 60 Eid Mubarak Wishes for Your Loved Ones On Eid-ul-Fitr 2025

by Tgmedia
March 30, 2025
0

Eid Mubarak wishes for your loved ones on Eid-ul-Fitr 2025. The Genius Media Nigeria reports that Eid al-Fitr is one...

Read more

CR7 Tops List Of Top Earning Instagrammers Of 2019

December 29, 2019
2025 Nigeria Pitch Awards

Atalanta Star, Ademola Lookman Shine At 2025 Nigeria Pitch Awards [SEE FULL LIST OF WINNERS]

March 26, 2025
Next Post

Zenith /Delta Principal’s Cup: 35 Schools Battle for Eight Slots, kicks off January 23rd

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d