https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Monday, August 17, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

“No Cut-Off Marks Yet, Says JAMB” – #UTME2019

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
June 6, 2019
in Education
0

RelatedPosts

Exercise Your Civic Responsibility, NDDC Urges UNIUYO Students

BREAKING: WAEC Releases 2026 WASSCE Results [DETAILS]

BURATAI COMMENDS MARIAM YARO’S BOOK, SAYS WOMEN’S INCLUSION IS KEY TO NATIONAL SECURITY

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has not published the national and general minimum cut-off marks for placement of candidates into the nation’s tertiary institutions as being speculated in some quarters. The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in an interview yesterday in Lagos.

There is no truth behind such speculations, he said adding that fraudulent elements were behind the development with a ploy to defraud innocent Nigerians, especially the candidates.

Benjamin said the cut-off marks could only be arrived at with the inputs of critical stakeholders in the education sector scheduled for days ahead.

“We want to seize this opportunity to caution the public especially candidates, not to allow themselves to be swindled by these desperate individuals that are peddling this rumour.

“The board is yet to come up with any cut-off mark for placements into the various tertiary institutions across the country.

The cut-off marks cannot be decided upon without the input of critical stakeholders of the education sector at an elaborate policy meeting,” he said.

Benjamin explained that the next policy meeting would be holding on Tuesday, June 11, at Gbongan in Osun.

The spokesman noted that already, preparations for the meeting had been concluded, adding that officials of the Ministry of Education were expected to attend.

According to him, other key stakeholders were also expected to grace the occasion, to determine the national cut-off mark.

He said that it was only after this had been achieved that the candidates would be availed of the cut-off marks of the various tertiary institutions across the country.

“The cut-off marks are the minimum expectation for every institution and that does not mean by attaining such cut-off mark, it therefore means an automatic placement into schools of first choice.

“We therefore want to appeal to the general public, especially the candidates not to fall prey to fraudsters. The board will continue to provide information to the public on its processes and activities at every stage,” Benjamin assured. Over 1.8 million candidates had registered for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) (NAN)

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
Previous Post

See Reasons ‘Falz The Bad Guy’ Stopped Going To Church

Next Post

49-Year-Old Sugar Mummy Dies During $3x With 29-Year-Old Lover Boy

Related Posts

Education

Rotary Club, BUA Group offers free medical services to Schools

by Tgmedia
February 23, 2018
0

LAGOS: The Rotary Club of Gbagada South in partnership with BUA Group has rendered free Ear, Nose and Throat clinical...

Read more

Uncultured High School Student Caught Giving BJ To Colleague In Class [PHOTOS]

February 14, 2020
#Chrisland

Again, Crisis Hits #Chrisland School As 12-yr-old Student Dies During Inter-House Sports [PHOTO]

February 12, 2023
Next Post

49-Year-Old Sugar Mummy Dies During $3x With 29-Year-Old Lover Boy

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d