https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

High Court Adjourns Belgore’s Alleged N450m Fraud Trial To March 27

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
March 5, 2019
in Crime
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

Lotus Bank Insider Heist: Staff Pulls Off ₦1.5B Cyber-Fraud

Investors Panic As Court Orders Globus Bank To Pay Abuja Firm ₦256m For Contract Breach

Former NNPC Topshot, Paulinus Okoronkwo Forfeits Property To US Govt over $2.1m Bribe

Justice Rilwan Aikawa of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos has adjourned further hearing in the trial of Muhammad Dele Belgore, SAN, to March 27, 2019.

Belgore is standing trial alongside a former Minister of National Planning, Prof. Abubakar Sulaiman, for allegedly receiving the sum of N450m on March 27, 2015 out of the $115,010,000 paid into Fidelity Bank Plc by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

At the resumed hearing today, E.O. Shofunde, SAN, counsel to the first defendant, Belgore, applied that the CCTV footage (exhibit P12) be viewed in court.

When asked by his counsel to state his observation from the footage, Belgore said there were two different dates in it.

According to him, “The date on the top reads March 8, 2017, while the one at the bottom reads March 26, 2015.”

Belgore added that he did not see himself in the video.

Also, when asked to explain to the court what transpired at the bank in view of the claim by the first prosecution witness, PW1, Timothy Afolabi, that he had instruction to pay him despite the fact that he had no account with Fidelity Bank, Belgore said “I received a call from the headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, informing me that money had been sent to Fidelity Bank.

“It was a service rendered by a banking institution, in this case, Fidelity Bank.
“Afolabi never asked if I had any account with the bank at the time of the transaction.
“He was emphatic about the instructions he had from the PDP headquarters.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Belgore further refuted the claims by both Afolabi and second prosecution witness, PW2, Usman Zakari, that the N450,000,000 (Four Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) was the money from various oil marketers paid on the instruction of Diezani.

He said: “I had no knowledge about the funds coming from oil marketers. I have never met Mrs. Diezani. The money sent to me was raised from various fundraisers held by the PDP campaign headquarters in Abuja; and up till now, no one has told me otherwise, other than PW 1 and PW 2.” .

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

JUST IN: EFCC Releases Atiku’s Son-In-law….Arrests His Lead Counsel

Next Post

DETERMINATION!!! See The 80-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Who Enrolled For Primary 1

Related Posts

Crime

Ex- Abia Governor, Orji Kalu Loses To EFCC On Appeal

by Tgmedia
April 25, 2019
0

The Court of Appeal on Wednesday okayed the dismissal of the no-case submission filed by a former Abia State Governor,...

Read more

Middle-Aged Man Arrested For Allegedly Raping 6 Underaged boys In Anambra

February 23, 2020
Lagos State Police Arrest Fraud Syndicate

JUST IN: Lagos State Police Arrest Fraud Syndicate [PHOTO]

October 11, 2023
Next Post

DETERMINATION!!! See The 80-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Who Enrolled For Primary 1

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d