https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

JUST IN: Court Adjourns Hearing Of Onnoghen’s Appeal

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
February 20, 2019
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

Foreign Scholarship: NDDC Assures On Transparency And Fairness

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

The Court of Appeal in Abuja has again postponed its planned hearing of the three appeals filed by suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Walter Onnoghen to February 27.

This is the third time, in one month, the court will postpone hearing in the appeals filed against the decisions of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) before which Onnoghen is standing trial for alleged breach of code of conduct for public officers.

In his first appeal, Onnoghen is challenging the jurisdiction of the CCT to hear the charge against him, being a serving judicial officer.

He is, in the second appeal, querying the propriety of the CCT’s ruling of January 14 this year, in which it elected to hear all pending application.

While in the third appeal he is against the CCT ex-parte order directing him to vacate office as CJN and the appointment of Tanko Ahmed in his place by  President Muhammadu Buhari.

The court had, in late January this year, scheduled hearing in the appeals for February 12 this year.

When parties got to court, the court could not form a quorum for the purpose of hearing the appeals. Two of the three Justices, required to form a quorum, were said to be attending a seminar.

The court subsequently adjourned to the next day. It could also not hear the appeals on February 13  because the Federal Government requested to be allowed to engage a new lawyer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Oyin Koleoso, who represented the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), told the court that the AGF has instructed that Aliyu Umar – SAN – (who is prosecuting the charge at the CCT) should take over the case of the respondent.

Koleoso noted that Umar was, (at the moment the Court of Appeal proceedings were on), at the CCT.

Koleoso sought an adjournment to enable Umar take over the case of the respondent.

Lawyers to the appellant, Chris Uche (SAN) objected to an adjournment, but he was overruled by a three-man panel of the court presided over by Justice Abdul Aboki.

The court further adjourned hearing in the appeals till February 20.

Again, when parties got to court on Tuesday, Umar, who appeased for the respondents, said he has filed an application, in which he, among others sought to be afforded time to familiarise himself with what had been filed in the appeals so far.

At this point, appellant’s lawyer, Uche could not object to the request, hence the court adjourned the hearing till February 27 after the elections.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

JOB OPENINGS!!! Cornerstone Staffing Mid-level & Graduate Job Recruitment

Next Post

PAINFULL LOSS!!! Beach Soccer Eagles Assistant Coach, Chukwuma Agbo, Dies

Related Posts

Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon Has Been Found
News

WARNING: Watch As Diploma Holder Filmed Committing Suicide By Jumping Into Lagoon

by Tgmedia
December 16, 2021
0

WARNING: Watch As Diploma Holder Filmed Committing Suicide By Jumping Into Lagoon---The Genius Media Nigeria reports that a young man...

Read more

BREAKING: PDP Senator Quit Party For APC

September 19, 2019
#Pasuma

BREAKING: #Orobokibo Crooner, Wasiu Alabi #Pasuma Wonder Loses Mum [PHOTO]

April 6, 2023
Next Post

PAINFULL LOSS!!! Beach Soccer Eagles Assistant Coach, Chukwuma Agbo, Dies

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d