https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Saturday, May 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Organised Labour Set To Shutdown Nigeria

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 4, 2019
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

Foreign Scholarship: NDDC Assures On Transparency And Fairness

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

The organised labour on Friday said it had started mobilisation of members ahead of the Jan. 8 strike over payment of the agreed N30,000 New Minimum Wage.

A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent, who visited some of the labour unions in Lagos, gathered that workers had been informed on the strategic roles to play while awaiting further instructions.

Three labour centres, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC), had met on Dec. 20, 2018.

The organised labour gave the Federal Government on or before Dec. 31 to submit the Tripartite Committee Report on the N30,000 minimum wage to the National Assembly or face strike.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, the government is expected to meet with some of the labour leaders on Friday to forestall the planned strike.

Mr Chris Onyeka, Deputy General Secretary, ULC, said that labour had started reaching out to their allies and those in the Civil Society Organisations (CSOs).

ADVERTISEMENT

Onyeka said that though not all members of the organised labour would be at Friday’s meeting with the government, the mobilisation would still continue.

He said that the plan was to seek audience with all relevant CSOs for their support and effective participation in the sensitisation strike scheduled for Jan. 8.

Mr John Johnson-Isok, an Iron and Steel union member, said that various executive members of the union were discussing modalities to make the strike effective, should the government failed to accede to their demand.

“Our demand is clear; transmit the N30,000 recommended by the National Minimum Wage Committee to the National Assembly for action, and we will wait for the lawmakers to take their decision,’’ Johnson-Isok said.

NAN further gathered that the planned strike may be all-encompassing, as the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), whose undergraduate members from the public universities, had been at home, may mobilise and join the action.

Mr Smith Olaitan, a student union leader, said that the ongoing strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) had paralysed academic activities in the universities.

However, some workers, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the planned strike at the beginning of the year, would unleash hard times on Nigerians, unless averted.

The workers said that petroleum products, foodstuffs, medical and transportation services, including aviation and other essentials may be in short supply.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

BADEH: Questions PDP Must Answer Before It Is Too Late

Next Post

TRANSFER!!! Dominic Solanke Joins Bournemouth from Liverpool For £19m

Related Posts

Oriol Romeu
Breaking

BREAKING: Barcelona Signs Oriol Romeu After Successful Medical

by Tgmedia
July 17, 2023
0

BREAKING: Barcelona Signs Oriol Romeu After Successful Medical---According to reports, Former Chelsea Star, Oriol Romeu has reportedly agreed to Join...

Read more

#Lekkitollgate: Moment Some #EndSARS Protesters Were Arrested During #OccupyLekkiTollGate

February 13, 2021
Dangote Group And Ethiopia Sign Agreement

PHOTO: Dangote Group And Ethiopia Sign Agreement To Build $2.5bn Fertiliser Plant

August 28, 2025
Next Post

TRANSFER!!! Dominic Solanke Joins Bournemouth from Liverpool For £19m

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d