https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: Panic As 39 Mpox Cases Recorded In Nigeria

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
August 15, 2024
in Breaking, Health, News
0
Mpox Cases

BREAKING: Panic As 39 Mpox Cases Recorded In Nigeria

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: José Mourinho Led Real Madrid Edge Espanyol In La Liga Thriller

BREAKING: 38 Year Old Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead In South Africa

BREAKING: Super Eagles And Hull City Striker, Semi Ajayi Sinks Manchester United As Premier League Returns

At lease over 39 Mpox Cases has been reported so far in Nigeria.

 

The Genius Media report that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) says 39 Mpox cases have been recorded in the country this year.

On Wednesday, August 14, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared Mpox (formerly called Monkey Pox) a “public health emergency of international concern” after a surge in cases recorded in Africa.

Speaking at a press briefing on Thursday, August 15, Jide Idris, NCDC director-general (DG), said the cases were recorded across 33 states and the federal capital territory (FCT).

He said Bayelsa (5), Cross River (5), Ogun (4), Lagos (4), Ondo (3), and Ebonyi (3) have recorded the highest cases of mpox.

“The national mpox technical working group (TWG), a multi-sectoral body housed within the NCDC, continues to coordinate mpox response activities,” he said.

“As part of the government’s ongoing efforts, we are intensifying surveillance across Nigeria to swiftly detect and respond to any new cases.

“This is putting all port health services across all five international airports, 10 seaports, and 51 land/foot crossing borders on high alert.

“Diagnostic protocols are now distributed to these locations, and port health officers are on high alert and screening for suspected cases.”

Idris said the NCDC is also considering vaccination for high-risk groups, noting that “Nigeria expects to receive 10,000 doses of the Jynneos vaccine”.

He added that some states, including Lagos, Enugu, Kano, Rivers, Cross-River, Akwa-Ibom, Adamawa, Taraba, and the FCT, have been put on high alert.

“We are also conducting contact tracing and monitoring for confirmed cases to prevent further spread,” the NCDC DG said.

“This will now also include declarations by travellers who have been to any of the countries where there has been an ongoing outbreak of MPX in the last 90 days.

“The NCDC is also notifying public and private hospitals about the mpox alert and sending a list of referral isolation/treatment centres across the 6 geopolitical zones and reference.

Idris also gave an update on the cholera outbreak, noting that 5,951 suspected cases and 176 deaths have been recorded across 36 states and the FCT, with a case fatality rate of 3 percent as of August 11.

“This data reflects a continued increase in the number of cases being recorded across the country,” he said.

“So far, the most affected age groups are less than five years.”

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: 39 Mpox Cases Recorded In NigeriaMpox Cases
Previous Post

BREAKING: Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops At 33.40% For The First-Time In 19 Months

Next Post

BREAKING: Super Eagles Striker, Victor Osimhen Prefers PSG To Chelsea

Related Posts

Chelsea Vs Arsenal
Breaking

BREAKING: Cole Palmer BENCHED As Estevao Leads Chelsea Vs Arsenal Confirmed Lineups

by Tgmedia
November 30, 2025
0

BREAKING: Cole Palmer BENCHED As Estevao Leads Chelsea Vs Arsenal Confirmed Lineups   The Genius Media Nigeria reports that the...

Read more

BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, Adjourns Case – #RevolutionNow

October 21, 2019

ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES: Pilot Of ill-Fated Boeing 737 Plane Well Trained

March 23, 2019
Next Post
Victor Osimhen

BREAKING: Super Eagles Striker, Victor Osimhen Prefers PSG To Chelsea

Please login to join discussion
ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d