https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: #Jonathan Finally Accept To Contest Against #Tinubu For 2023 Presidency

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
May 12, 2022
in Breaking, Politics
0
#Jonathan

BREAKING: #Jonathan Finally Accept To Contest Against #Tinubu For 2023 Presidency

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: After 11 Years, Ronaldinho Returns To Football At 46 With Ravenna [PHOTO]

BREAKING: Baba-Ahmed Says Tinubu’ll Lose Credible 2027 Election Before 4pm

BREAKING: Tinubu Orders Further Forensic Investigation Into Fake PFIPC Agency Scandal

BREAKING: #Jonathan Finally Accept To Contest Against #Tinubu For 2023 Presidency—-Barely 48 hours after dissociating himself from moves by some groups to draft him into the 2023 presidential race, former President Goodluck Jonathan has finally made up his mind to vie for the top post.
Nigeria is set to go to the polls next year in a crowded contest parading many contestants in both the ruling APC and several opposition parties, including the main opposition PDP.
On May 9, Jonathan had rejected presidential expression of interest and nomination forms bought for him by people, described as nomadic Fulani pastoralists and Almajiri communities.
He was quoted as saying that it was an insult for people to buy the form for him without his consent but the former president has now made U-turn on the issue.
A dependable source in Jonathan’s camp, who pleaded anonymity, said that the former president had indeed, joined the APC formally, having registered at his Otuoke Ward in Bayelsa.
The source disclosed that Jonathan was expected to submit his APC expression of interest and nomination forms bought for him earlier in the week, on Thursday.
According to the source, the former president has secured the support of the required number of APC delegates from across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
“Several bigwigs of the party have also been calling Jonathan to pledge their loyalty and support to the former president,’’ the source revealed.
The source said that some influential African leaders had called Jonathan earlier on Monday to advise him “to contest the election in the interest of Nigeria.
“At least three top African leaders called the former president on the matter. They all urged him to run. One of them specifically told him that it didn’t make sense travelling all over Africa settling disputes only to shy away from leadership responsibility in his home country.”
“Another reminded him of the implication of failing to put the experiences he garnered as a former Nigerian president and as a continental statesman to good use,” the source added but did not mention the names of the African leaders.
The source cited some of the African leaders as telling Jonathan that Nigeria was passing through challenging times and “needed a unifier like Jonathan at this time’’.
Jonathan, who lost power to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari, was born in 1957 in the Ogbia district in Bayelsa State.
He was previously of the PDP party on whose platform he ruled Nigeria until he lost the presidential election to Buhari in 2015.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: #Jonathan Finally Accept To Contest Against #Tinubu For 2023 Presidency#TinubuJonathan
Previous Post

BREAKING: Wasiu Ayinde Customizes Mobile Phone For #Tinubu 2023 Presidential Ambition

Next Post

#Kenya Election: Primate Ayodele’s Warnings To Raila Odinga Fulfilled As #Kilifi Governor Betrays Him

Related Posts

Frank Lampard
Breaking

BREAKING: Frank Lampard Returns As Interim #Chelsea Coach?

by Tgmedia
April 6, 2023
0

BREAKING: Frank Lampard Returns As Interim #Chelsea Coach?----Frank Lampard is reportedly set to return for a second spell in charge...

Read more
Sol Bamba

BREAKING: Former Ivorian Footballer Sol Bamba Is Dead [PHOTO]

September 1, 2024

BREAKING: PMB Places Travel Restriction On ministers…..Makes Other Changes

December 30, 2019
Next Post
#Kenya Election

#Kenya Election: Primate Ayodele’s Warnings To Raila Odinga Fulfilled As #Kilifi Governor Betrays Him

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d