https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Sunday, August 23, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

BREAKING: Novak Djokovic Visa Hearing Holds On Sunday As #AustralianOpen Begins

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
January 15, 2022
in Breaking, Sports, Trending News
0
Novak Djokovic

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Dangote Refinery’s Free Fuel Delivery Expands To Kano And Nearly 12 More States [FULL LIST]

BREAKING: Real Cause Of Ogogo’s Death Revealed

BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Is Dead [VIDEO]

BREAKING: Novak Djokovic Visa Hearing Holds On Sunday As #AustralianOpen Begins—-The Genius Media Nigeria reports that the visa hearing for World Number 1 Tennis Player, Novak Djokovic has been set for 9.30am Sunday (10.30pm Saturday UK time).

Recall, The Serbian professional tennis player first had his visa revoked on arrival in Melbourne last week when his COVID vaccination exemption was questioned

Novak Djokovic

But he won a court appeal against the cancellation that allowed him to remain in the country.

At the time, the Australian government said it would continue to look at whether he could stay, a decision that was at the discretion of immigration minister Alex Hawke.

Mr Hawke announced on Friday that the Serbian’s visa had been cancelled again, this time on public health grounds.

At a court hearing, Djokovic’s lawyers asked for an injunction to block his removal from the country, saying the reasons behind Mr Hawke’s decision are “patently irrational”.

According to Sky.com, Djokovic’s lawyers were pushing for a hearing to take place on Sunday, in the hope of a decision being made before the Australian Open begins.

Mr Hawke said on Friday: “Today I exercised my power under section 133C(3) of the Migration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr Novak Djokovic on health and good order grounds, on the basis that it was in the public interest to do so,” he said in a statement.

“The Morrison government is firmly committed to protecting Australia’s borders, particularly in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic,” he added, referring to Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Commenting on the decision, Mr Morrison said Australians have made “many sacrifices” during the pandemic.
“They rightly expect the result of those sacrifices to be protected,” he added. “The pandemic has been incredibly difficult for every Australian, but we have stuck together and saved lives and livelihoods.

“Our strong border protection policies have kept Australians safe, prior to COVID and now during the pandemic.”

CREDIT: Sky.com

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: #AustralianOpenAlex HawkeCOVIDNovak #DjokovicSerbian professional tennis player
Previous Post

BREAKING: Parallex Bank Limited Promises Limitless Possibilities

Next Post

Manchester City Vs Chelsea: Can European Champions Stop City From Running Away With 2021/22 #EPL Title

Related Posts

#Buratai
News

People Of #Buratai Town Honours Their Son His Excellency Lieutenant General Ty #Buratai (Rtd)

by Tgmedia
September 7, 2022
0

People Of #Buratai Town Honours Their Son His Excellency Lieutenant General Ty #Buratai (Rtd)----In a rare show of love and...

Read more
Open Africa Business Forum

JUST IN: First-Ever Open Africa Business Forum To Hold In Moscow

November 22, 2022
Rev.Fr. John Cheitnum

BREAKING: CAN Chairman’s Corpse Found Days After Abduction

July 19, 2022
Next Post
Manchester City Vs Chelsea

Manchester City Vs Chelsea: Can European Champions Stop City From Running Away With 2021/22 #EPL Title

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d